Any word on ticket sales?

Hunter Green

9 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

I agree with this. Slightly offset from behind the goalpost. 

Completely agree.  When a stadium affords me to do so my preferred seat is up above a corner of the end zone.  Can see down the field to see the plays opening up as well as still have a somewhat side view to get a better idea of where the officials are when spotting the ball to see 1st downs and the such

AD Wren Baker said on his radio interview on the Gainesville station that we sold 30,000 tickets last time.

Obviously, Game Day "walk up" sales of less expensive tickets was not part of the 30k.  

If we break the record of whatever it was vs UNLV I think walk up sales will be the key.  1'st Responder ticket sales could be a boon.

I think this game being 2 days after Christmas helps with getting even more Cadets to this bowl game.

Like many of you I will still purchase the $75 tickets thinking that will help us (again) with HOD Bowl officials down the road. 

Hard to believe 2016 NCAA semi-finalist & Crimson Tide foe U of Washington was in the Heart of Dallas Bowl game last year.  This bowl is hardly  a chopped liver affair based on past teams.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

AD Wren Baker said on his radio interview on the Gainesville station that we sold 30,000 tickets last time.

Obviously, Game Day "walk up" sales of less expensive tickets was not part of the 30k.  

If we break the record of whatever it was vs UNLV I think walk up sales will be the key.  1'st Responder ticket sales could be a boon.

I think this game being 2 days after Christmas helps with getting even more Cadets to this bowl game.

Like many of you I will still purchase the $75 tickets thinking that will help us (again) with HOD Bowl officials down the road. 

Hard to believe 2016 NCAA semi-finalist & Crimson Tide foe U of Washington was in the Heart of Dallas Bowl game last year.  This bowl is hardly  a chopped liver affair based on past teams.

GMG!

No, we sold around 8,000 tickets. The majority of the North Texas fans at the game purchased tickets via avenues outside of the university.

• Upvote 4

37 minutes ago, UNT Mean Green said:

No, we sold around 8,000 tickets. The majority of the North Texas fans at the game purchased tickets via avenues outside of the university.

Then when Wren Baker said 30,000 tickets had been sold on the radio interview (and that's the amount he said)  I suppose he mean't that was our total sales including day of game "walk up."  

One of this school's all time supporters who has been around for just about forever & whose word has always been reliable told me during a half time this Fall that we had "36,000" Mean Green fans at that HOD Bowl game. 

Personally, I don't care what someone pays for their tickets just so they show up.  Same for games at Apogee since most of us have never seen an empty seat buy a coke, hot dog, T-shirt, MG gear, etc.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

20 hours ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

GMG!

17 hours ago, UNT Mean Green said:

17 hours ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

Then when Wren Baker said 30,000 tickets had been sold on the radio interview (and that's the amount he said)  I suppose he mean't that was our total sales including day of game "walk up."  

One of this school's all time supporters who has been around for just about forever & whose word has always been reliable told me during a half time this Fall that we had "36,000" Mean Green fans at that HOD Bowl game. 

Personally, I don't care what someone pays for their tickets just so they show up.  Same for games at Apogee since most of us have never seen an empty seat buy a coke, hot dog, T-shirt, MG gear, etc.

GMG!

@PlummMeanGreen, please listen again around the 4:05 mark.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

@PlummMeanGreen, please listen again around the 4:05 mark.

Wren said 30,000'ish is what I heard.  Prior to hearing that from our AD one of the largest contributors to North Texas for decades told me we had 36,000 of our fans at the game during the MUTS half time so thanks for the update. Of course  I'll go with Wren now since he has the bookkeeping on all that!???

GMG!

43 minutes ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

Wren said 30,000'ish is what I heard.  Prior to hearing that from our AD one of the largest contributors to North Texas for decades told me we had 36,000 of our fans at the game during the MUTS half time so thanks for the update. Of course  I'll go with Wren now since he has the bookkeeping on all that!???

GMG!

Yes but he also said UNT sold 8k tickets out its "box office" meaning entirety of tickets NT sold through the university. We didn't sell 30k tickets but we had that many fans in the stands. Big difference. Most bought at the door, through the bowl site, or through ticketmaster(as I did last time, not this time).

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

Yes but he also said UNT sold 8k tickets out its "box office" meaning entirety of tickets NT sold through the university. We didn't sell 30k tickets but we had that many fans in the stands. Big difference. Most bought at the door, through the bowl site, or through ticketmaster(as I did last time, not this time).

?

If we have another Indian Summer day on 12/27 as last time I believe walk up sales will be very, very  good. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Has anybody gotten any solicitation from the UNT Ticket Office, Ath. Dept, etc.?

As a long-term season ticket holder, I've received absolutely ZERO contact regarding the bowl game.  No notification that the bowl is occurring.  No info regarding ticket purchase.  Certainly no attempt to try to sell me a ticket.  It shouldn't be difficult to send out an email to all current ticket holders.

I had hoped WB was addressing some of these kinds of issues.

• Upvote 5

28 minutes ago, meaniegreenie said:

Has anybody gotten any solicitation from the UNT Ticket Office, Ath. Dept, etc.?

As a long-term season ticket holder, I've received absolutely ZERO contact regarding the bowl game.  No notification that the bowl is occurring.  No info regarding ticket purchase.  Certainly no attempt to try to sell me a ticket.  It shouldn't be difficult to send out an email to all current ticket holders.

I was called within 30 minutes of the actual announcement.  Who handles your account in the AD office?  They have us split by last names.

27 minutes ago, meaniegreenie said:

I got emails in the days leading up to the bowl announcement and after it was made.  I'm a season ticket holder and MGC member and get regular (at least weekly emails) MGC update emails and these were similar.  Are you a MGC member, also?  I don't mean that as a jibe, just debugging...

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, meaniegreenie said:

I was called within 15-20 min. of the official announcement. Who is you ticket contact at the UNT Ticket Office? Also, are you on Facebook, Twitter, etc., etc.?  Tons and tons and tons of announcements through social media.  Are you saying you need a personal call or you would not know about how to purchase tickets? Are you a Mean Green Club member?  I believe there was ticket info included in the last couple of emails sent out by the Mean Green Club.  Also....tons of posts here on GMG.Com as well.  

Also, if you have purchased tickets, you are probably off the "we better call him" list.  

I definitely understand what you are saying, but I have found promotions of the game and ticket purchasing to be more than I saw for our last HOD Bowl.  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

5 hours ago, meaniegreenie said:

I've received several emails 

Mean Green Club member for years, Club Seats, but no phone calls for Bowl tickets.  Only a few emails.

i don't need to be treated in a special way, but some do.  Especially if they give the really big bucks.  I would they received personal calls for bowl ticket solicitations.

Edited by DeepGreen
  • Upvote 2

I got an email on December 4th.  No phone calls.  But I think I've tacitly sent the message that I prefer it that way.  

Whenever I need to make a call, so long as he's still here, I got Reggie on speed dial.  Otherwise, I'll figure it out on my own. 

I'm the opposite of the hold my hand club seat holder.  I want to send in my money, get my tickets in the mail and otherwise be generally left alone. 

• Upvote 4

17 minutes ago, oldguystudent said:

I got an email on December 4th.  No phone calls.  But I think I've tacitly sent the message that I prefer it that way.  

Whenever I need to make a call, so long as he's still here, I got Reggie on speed dial.  Otherwise, I'll figure it out on my own. 

I'm the opposite of the hold my hand club seat holder.  I want to send in my money, get my tickets in the mail and otherwise be generally left alone. 

When I'm a club seat holder I'll be the same way. 

• Upvote 1