Any word on ticket sales?

Hunter Green

To me it has to do with the date change.  New Years day adds 10K.  Is hard to get a kitchen pass to leave the family holiday to travel to a game the next day... While I hope two days adds a few it is still a work day where one has to take a vacation day instead of heading down to the game on a day off.  My guess is we will end up between 28-32K total and that is only because we are a local team.

Date played
Winning team Losing team Attendance
1-Jan-11 Texas Tech 45 Northwestern 38 40,121
2-Jan-12 Houston 30 Penn State 14 46,817
1-Jan-13 Oklahoma State 58 Purdue 14 48,313
1-Jan-14 North Texas 36 UNLV 14 38,380
26-Dec-14 Louisiana Tech 35 Illinois 18 31,297
26-Dec-15 Washington 44 Southern Miss 31 20,229
Edited by ipd054
Edited for correct content
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

23 minutes ago, GreenGonzo said:

invite Donald Trump to do the coin-flip.  That might bring up attendance.

Hell, make him the Honorary captain! Or Coach, maybe! Maybe he'll join the Mean Green Club!!

GO ARMY!

BEAT NAVY!

GO MEAN GREEN!

BEAT ARMY!

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Moobs said:

I've got 4 on the front row 50 yard line behind what is supposed to be the CUSA bench.  They switched sides on us last time.

How do you know you have tickets on the 50? Do you have the tickets in hand that say so? If you bought them through the NT ticket office they won't assign tickets out until about 10 days before the game.

1 hour ago, MeanGreenDan said:

Huh?

Screen Shot 2016-12-09 at 2.04.35 PM.png

58 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

This is clearly unprecedented 

1 hour ago, ChristopherRyanWilkes said:

Was about to say the same thing. Someone's confused.

Alright wise men...Excluding inner city Dallas county, the other surrounding counties and the counties that surround those counties that compromise the Dallas Forth Worth Metropolitan area would probably be there. Better? 

Edited by Ben Gooding
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 12

3 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

And walk up tix in the corner are $25? 

That I do not know, I did see on StubHub or Tickermaster not through UNT site where the servicemen and women who get tickets will take up the 4,000 seats on the last 4-5 rows on the sideline on our side.  I like it even though it limits our fans tickets in that area because it will make our crowd look bigger. 

1 hour ago, UNTFan23 said:

How do you know you have tickets on the 50? Do you have the tickets in hand that say so? If you bought them through the NT ticket office they won't assign tickets out until about 10 days before the game.

I bought them on StubHub.  I don't have enough MGC points to want to take my chances there. And I think the tickets bought at the university are around the 20 or so.  Where were y'alls tickets at last time they were bought through the AD?

Edited by Moobs
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, Moobs said:

I bought them on StubHub.  I don't have enough MGC points to want to take my chances there. And I think the tickets bought at the university are around the 20 or so.  Where were y'alls tickets at last time they were bought through the AD?

There is no need to worry about this.

I didn't have very many points (like in the 10-15 range) for the HOD Bowl back in 2014, but I wound up having seats about halfway up the bowl and on the 40-45 yd line.  Perfect spot to take in the game.

The silver lining about the absolutely dismal MGC numbers under RV is that there aren't enough people with significant points to bump people to terrible seats.
If you've purchased 1 or 2 years worth of season tickets, you have plenty of priority points to get seats between the 35's at the $75 price, trust me.

Do not let this fear discourage you (and that's the royal 'you') from buying your tickets through the Athletic Dept.

37 minutes ago, Moobs said:

Boo this man. 

Anyone who has not yet purchased, please purchase through the University.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 3

6 minutes ago, MeanGreenDan said:

Boo this man. 

Anyone who has not yet purchased, please purchase through the University.

Haha!   I know, I know... I'm a bad, bad alumni.  :)

In theory, I like the idea of giving the university more of my money.  I certainly give them more than most alumni every year through my MGC donation and hundreds of dollars in purchases in food and clothing at the games throughout the season.

However, there are too many unknowns to the bowl game seating arrangements for my liking.  So for my own piece of mind, I need to know exactly what I'm paying for when I buy tickets. 

• Upvote 6

Only makes sense that with Army beating Navy today that more cadets & West Point alums in the Southwest will show up to support their team especially for a bowl game.

In the mid 90's when we hosted Army in Texas Stadium for a regular season game they brought an impressive crowd to that game.

If weather is decent on Dec. 27'th I believe we'll also have good Game Day walk-up sales, too. 

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 3