'17 DL RJ Reynolds (Faith Christian, TX)

GMG24

34 minutes ago, MeanGreenNC said:

So I'm the department head of an ROTC program at a well known school in the ACC and a pround field grade officer and graduate of the UNT ROTC program.  70% of officers come from ROTC and they are not developed from some "Boy Scout system" as you discribe. It's a challenging program that takes young college students and molds them into future officers. All my cadets are top quality students who are in the process of setting themselves up for success in life.  Don't get ROTC confused with programs like ATM where 75% of there cadets don't even pursue a commission in the armed forces, they just do it for school and family tradition. Those Cadets that you want dancing around are held to higher standards then virtually any of their peers!

Ok. 

14 minutes ago, TreeFiddy said:

Is that similar to the real military?

Experiences in the Navy vary greatly. My experience is not for the faint of heart. But, keep treefiddy'ing. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

45 minutes ago, MeanGreenNC said:

So I'm the department head of an ROTC program at a well known school in the ACC and a pround field grade officer and graduate of the UNT ROTC program.  70% of officers come from ROTC and they are not developed from some "Boy Scout system" as you discribe. It's a challenging program that takes young college students and molds them into future officers. All my cadets are top quality students who are in the process of setting themselves up for success in life.  Don't get ROTC confused with programs like ATM where 75% of there cadets don't even pursue a commission in the armed forces, they just do it for school and family tradition. Those Cadets that you want dancing around are held to higher standards then virtually any of their peers!

True AM doesn't send all of them in, but it still holds all of them to the same standard. PT/FTX/ etc.. Even sending them during the summer off there version of BTC as well. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 7 months later...

IMG_0328.PNG

2 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

This is nice late pick up!

I'm assuming he will slide out to OLB? He isn't in the mode of current DEs but size wise matches Minor and Wheeler. 

Any idea what caused this? I'm assuming something medical or something and no academic. 

Looks like a 5 technique end all day to me.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

IMG_0328.PNG

Looks like a 5 technique end all day to me.

Yea never mind and I take that comment back about the OLB , my bad. I thought he around 210-220 range and just looked back and saw he was 240. 

He also just got back on twitter recently after leaving for the cadet basic. Guessing something came up there. Great late pick up, another late offseason from the AAC, hopefully he can top our last from last year (Jenkins from Cinny)

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Caw Caw said:

Yeah, something had to happen at camp, right? Glad to have him. 3 service school offer kid. I'm all for it.

Kids can leave in their first year at service academies with no penalty after that there is some type of penalty like they have to pay back the $ on their years they got free school.  He may have reported to camp and realized it wasn't for him.  Which is ok with me, takes a dedication to yourself and country to serve.  It's an issue many kids have to fight/think about who get offered by academies.  

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, GMG24 said:

Kids can leave in their first year at service academies with no penalty after that there is some type of penalty like they have to pay back the $ on their years they got free school.  He may have reported to camp and realized it wasn't for him.  Which is ok with me, takes a dedication to yourself and country to serve.  It's an issue many kids have to fight/think about who get offered by academies.  

If it came off like I did, I didn't mean to have any sort of negative connotation. My grandpa was a five tour vietnam paratrooper. My dad was a 20-year air force guy. It's an entirely different life choice. The thing about playing football at a service academy is their is a whole life both during and after school your committing to. No judgement from me and glad to have him.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Caw Caw said:

If it came off like I did, I didn't mean to have any sort of negative connotation. My grandpa was a five tour vietnam paratrooper. My dad was a 20-year air force guy. It's an entirely different life choice. The thing about playing football at a service academy is their is a whole life both during and after school your committing to. No judgement from me and glad to have him.

I didn't think there was a bad connotation.  Thank them for their service for me!! Forever greatful for those who serve. 

• Upvote 2