Sports Illustrated Bowl Projections

GMG_Dallas

SI has us pegged to play Navy in the Armed Forces Bowl in Fort Worth on December 23 as a "replacement team." If we can play them like we played Army, we would have a chance. I like it!

Armed Forces Dec. 23 Fort Worth, Texas Big 12 vs. Navy North Texas* vs. Navy

http://www.si.com/college-football/2016/11/21/bowl-projections-college-football-playoff-predictions

Edit: Please move this to the Bowl and APR thread if needed. I completely forgot that thread existed.

Edited by GMG_Dallas
  • Upvote 4

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/news/week-13-bowl-projections-playoff-rankings-alabama-ohio-state-michigan-michigan-state-penn-state-clemson-washington/rm1q5y0go8v01f5s9pokzijm0

I think the New Mexico bowl would be cool!

Gildan New Mexico Bowl: New Mexico vs. North Texas

Famous Idaho Potato Bowl: Miami, Ohio vs. North Texas

8 minutes ago, GreenTexan13 said:

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/news/week-13-bowl-projections-playoff-rankings-alabama-ohio-state-michigan-michigan-state-penn-state-clemson-washington/rm1q5y0go8v01f5s9pokzijm0

I think the New Mexico bowl would be cool!

Gildan New Mexico Bowl: New Mexico vs. North Texas

Famous Idaho Potato Bowl: Miami, Ohio vs. North Texas

I WOULD LOVE THE FAMOUS IDAHO POTATO BOWL!!!! That is just 3 miles from my home. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Why wouldn't they want TCU for this game? (Assuming they get bowl eligible who isn't out of the realm of possibilities.  

They've got TCU playing A&M in Houston. That would probably be a better match-up assuming TCU gets in. Currently 5-5 and has Texas (in Austin) and K-State (in FT) left to play.

1 hour ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Its the same system as vs Army... Would be a solid game.. and a very quality opponent as well in Navy.. Remember Navy beat HOU... if we came out and handled Navy could be huge for recruiting..

I like the Navy Match up a lot more then playing TCU or even UT... 

Don't blow the Middies off because they're a service academy. They're not just a tad better than Army. I fully expect them to spank the Black Knights in a couple of weeks. Navy would beat TCU & UT.

Edited by Got5onIt
  • Upvote 2

If we go to the Bahamas Bowl each of our players and coaches will need a passport.   I just wonder if our previous administration - RV and the gang - had enough foresight to get a passport for each of them.   Coming off of a 1-11 season I am not sure that I would have had it at the top of my To Do List but maybe they did.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, Huff said:

If we go to the Bahamas Bowl each of our players and coaches will need a passport.   I just wonder if our previous administration - RV and the gang - had enough foresight to get a passport for each of them.   Coming off of a 1-11 season I am not sure that I would have had it at the top of my To Do List but maybe they did.  

Bahamas Bowl is on Dec 23rd.  We should know by Dec 1st where we are going.  State Department has an expedited service for an extra fee.  That should be no problem

12 minutes ago, Huff said:

They have passports.  Started working on getting them early in the season. This team was preparing to go bowling very early.  Some say it was coachspeak.  Maybe it was, but they  ready to make the trip.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, PRAK said:

Y'all must have not been paying attention to Navy this year. Believe me, y'all don't want Navy. we would get throtled by the midshipman. I'll take the New Mexico bowl plz 

More exposure playing Navy in Ft Worth in a higher profile bowl game and it would be close to Denton. Is playing New Mexico, who also runs a triple option if I'm not mistaken, worth it just for the perceived better chances of a win versus a greater risk in playing Navy? There's no shame in losing to Navy this year. It seems like that game would be a high risk, high reward game and if we were to pull it off, it could really propel this program upwards for the upcoming years. I'm not sure playing New Mexico would have the same impact, win or lose.

• Upvote 2