UTEP

southsideguy

2 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

Looking forward to this game this year, we should have beat them last year.  I wonder if Seth will do the everyone gets to play strategy for the last game that we saw last year.  I don't care if everyone plays if we are up by 40 its.

Sure hope he won't. We are playing for something.  

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, UNTexas said:

I totally agree. I came up for the UTEP game and I was furious when I saw who was starting. I don't care who doesn't get to play. This isn't 4th grade rec football. We recruit against UTEP and that was a giant middle finger. Chico is a class act but that move was bs. Send those seniors out with a W too. A win at the end of that crushing season would have meant something to everyone on that sideline.

It's our Superbowl. I can't think of a bigger game for North Texas in a long time. From the ashes to a potential bowl birth. That coaching staff we have are amazing no matter what. Who would have guessed we beat Marshall or Army. I love this season.

I agree this game should be treated as big time by everyone involved. A good chunk of money is on the line, 15 additional practices for our young team, recruiting tool implication, a fun atmosphere of a bowl for the team on the line, etc. This game cannot be looked at as just another game. Winning this game has to be put on the highest of pedestals. BEAT UTEP

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, UNTexas said:

It's our Superbowl. I can't think of a bigger game for North Texas in a long time. From the ashes to a potential bowl birth. That coaching staff we have are amazing no matter what. Who would have guessed we beat Marshall or Army. I love this season.

Should make for a good crowd at Fuzzy's in Allen watching the CUSA.TV stream.  This game isn't televised. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

Should make for a good crowd at Fuzzy's in Allen watching the CUSA.TV stream.  This game isn't televised. 

Could it get picked up by anyone? I hate that none of our games are widely broadcast. This is the biggest game of our season and we cannot watch it on tv. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, UNTexas said:

November 23rd, 2013 2:30pm was the biggest game was the last time we kicked off with a comparable amount of good things on the line. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, KingDL1 said:

Utep will look to be the spoiler it could be a very tough game, I hope we are well prepared for this one. 

Agree with them playing spoiler..

but do we know are they a young team? Or are they older? If they are older, maybe best we come out and have anything big 1Q which builds into a solid 1Half.. could then lead to them playing the younger guys for the future and easier for us

8 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

they run an offense like UTSA.  They still have Jones as there running back, i think this is 8 th year there.   I hear they have trouble with mobile QB's which Morris is not.

Jones is a beast, but Lance Dunbar proved you can have an NFL caliber back and if nothing else is going then you won't win much.

UTEP is ranked:

• 108th in Rush Defense
  • 110th in Scoring Defense
  • 110th in Red Zone Defense
  • 98th in Turn Over Margin
  • 112th in Total Offense 
  • 102nd in Scoring Offense

I by no means expect this to be a cake walk.  However, if we take care of business in practice and film study this week, and win the turn over battle (we're 57th) then we should win.  

2 hours ago, Cerebus said:

Jones is a beast, but Lance Dunbar proved you can have an NFL caliber back and if nothing else is going then you won't win much.

UTEP is ranked:

• 108th in Rush Defense
  • 110th in Scoring Defense
  • 110th in Red Zone Defense
  • 98th in Turn Over Margin
  • 112th in Total Offense 
  • 102nd in Scoring Offense

I by no means expect this to be a cake walk.  However, if we take care of business in practice and film study this week, and win the turn over battle (we're 57th) then we should win.  

They beat UTSA !

33 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Is there anywhere in Denton where one could watch the game? I always see Allen is showing the game but no way we can drive that far. Why aren't local places showing the games?

That's because Collin county alums have created it...someone in Denton needs to blaze the trail for those types of things.

A loss to UTEP would be totally heartbreaking.  We are absolutely capable of losing to them but we are the better team and if we take care of business this week we will be fine.  This is a big week for Seth.  He can push his career so far in one week. If Alec continues to get the snaps I'm confident he will finish his career strong.  Refreshing that we have been winning on the road this year.  

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

10 hours ago, tmjerm said:

That's because Collin county alums have created it...someone in Denton needs to blaze the trail for those types of things.

A loss to UTEP would be totally heartbreaking.  We are absolutely capable of losing to them but we are the better team and if we take care of business this week we will be fine.  This is a big week for Seth.  He can push his career so far in one week. If Alec continues to get the snaps I'm confident he will finish his career strong.  Refreshing that we have been winning on the road this year.  

this could be like the UTSA choke job in 2013, Conference Title on line and DMac throws an egg, hopefully Littrell has team prepared for Juarez North, and clinches Bowl Bid, versus getting into bowl at 5-7 for being a good academic participant.

• Upvote 2