Shout out!

Hunter Green

We have some of the biggest snowflake fans ever. We will never become big time until we quit trying to be a small time liberal arts college and start stressing our business and engineering schools. Nobody outside nerds cares about jazz.

J/k. Just seeing how many tears I can shed.

Edited by GreenMachine
  • Upvote 10
  • Downvote 9

16 minutes ago, GreenMachine said:

We have some of the biggest snowflake fans ever. We will never become big time until we quit trying to be a small time liberal arts college and start stressing our business and engineering schools. Nobody outside nerds cares about jazz.

J/k. Just seeing how many tears I can shed.

You're not kidding. And if you are kidding, I unkid your kid because it's something of a hindrance here at the U of NT. 

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 7

Guys we have all kinds of fans, of any age, of any commitment. Don't judge. 

If people were cold and unfortable they can leave I am happy they made it at all.

More So you all should probably consider before you throw stones in basically a glass house, that we only had 12000 or so fans there. If you want to label those that showed and left early as bad fans you might end up with just about no fans. Wait to judge when we have back to back sellouts and 30000 season ticket holders.

Making  the customer wrong never seems to draw more customers. 

14 minutes ago, KingDL1 said:

If people were cold and unfortable they can leave I am happy they made it at all.

More So you all should probably consider before you throw stones in basically a glass house, that we only had 12000 or so fans there. If you want to label those that showed and left early as bad fans you might end up with just about no fans. Wait to judge when we have back to back sellouts and 30000 season ticket holders.

Just because you fly an airplane doesn't exclude you from being a snowflake :)

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

2 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

One of the dumbest threads ever.  For the record, I stayed till the end as always; but calling out any of the "few" fans that showed up at all is very questionable.   The thousands that never support the program in anyway that are affiliated with NT, the hundreds that come to tailgate and never enter the stadium and the many board posters that complain about attendance yet seldom ever made a game are all better targets for criticism than someone who leaves early.    

Very well said! 

9 minutes ago, KingDL1 said:

We'll never have back to back sellouts. Hell, it's been 6 seasons in Apogee now and we have had 0. The closest was the stadium debut and we were still 2k+ short. If we have 30k season ticket holders ever it'll be in some parallel universe that no one other than those 30k souls will witness. We are a meddling G5 program that is "happy" to boast a 20ishK average attendance. Our annual record is 21.1K. These money driven programs pull in 1 game just about what we pull in an entire season. The chips are stacked so high against us and programs like us to the point of not being able to see over them to see the corrupt athletic departments of the P5 rub elbows. We're buried in horrible odds. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 6

1 minute ago, Ben Gooding said:

We'll never have back to back sellouts. Hell, it's been 6 seasons in Apogee now and we have had 0. The closest was the stadium debut and we were still 2k+ short. If we have 30k season ticket holders ever it'll be in some parallel universe that no one other than those 30k souls will witness. We are a meddling G5 program that is "happy" to boast a 20ishK average attendance. Our annual record is 21.1K. These money driven programs pull in 1 game just about what we pull in an entire season. The chips are stacked so high against us and programs like us to the point of not being able to see over them to see the corrupt athletic departments of the P5 rub elbows. We're buried in horrible odds. 

You don't seem to get it do you?

3 minutes ago, GreenMachine said:

Just because you fly an airplane doesn't exclude you from being a snowflake :)

You may have to define snowflake for me? I must be drinking too much tequila. 

9 minutes ago, KingDL1 said:

You don't seem to get it do you?

What is it that I need to get? We do need to stop catering to the make believe artists and musicians. We need to cater to the productive student or the student that is going to cater to the athletic department after they become graduated alum. And odds are that the business, education, and engineering student will be far more likely to help foot the bill than the Underground Asian Snake Dance Music major student. 

I was jusy agreeing with GreenMachine. 

*And to note, my comment is why people leave, never show, never tailgate, we've never had a sellout, etc. etc. etc. is because of the type of student this university primarily markets to. Then we all act surprised when our stadium is half full most games and that our Mean Green Club can't manage to stay over 1k or why our embarrassing season ticket numbers are in some unattainable file somewhere in some hidden bunker in North Korea. 

Edited by Ben Gooding
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 9

Ben I have no idea how to tell you based on your responses. You seem to  be going off on tangents giving some history lesson that has nothing to do with what I was talking about. Not even a little. 

Point is when you don't have a huge fan base you don't chastise the fans that show up. 

Attendance has always leaned on student participation. I will tell you this as a fresh alumni: Students have it ingrained in them that UNT football sucks. It's just the unfortunate fact. I enjoy free football so I went to a lot of the games anyway. But students tailgate, maybe go in for a quarter or 2, then head to parties. You'll need some solid years to get this thinking out of people's minds. 

Also, if you think UNT being a liberal arts/commuter school doesn't effect sporting event attendance, you're just fooling yourself.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

6 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

One of the dumbest threads ever.  For the record, I stayed till the end as always; but calling out any of the "few" fans that showed up at all is very questionable.   The thousands that never support the program in anyway that are affiliated with NT, the hundreds that come to tailgate and never enter the stadium and the many board posters that complain about attendance yet seldom ever made a game are all better targets for criticism than someone who leaves early.    

I wish it was only hundreds that stayed outside

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, @UNTSportsFan said:

I'm more disappointed in the lack of promotion for game than the fans who showed up & left early. I don't really consider sending out a bunch of emails as marketing, but that's just me 

Que?  Where was a lot of marketing for this game.  I've been seeing social media and digital billboard ads for the game for two weeks.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

11 hours ago, Hunter Green said:

I'd like to personally give a big SCREW YOU to all the fans that left at halftime and the start of the fourth quarter. Ya, it was a little chilly, but really?? We're tied going into the fourth quarter and our lame ass fans can't tough it out and cheer our team on to victory? Good lord, people! I know we've seen a lot of losing and bad football over the years, but come on! Bowl implications are on the line and half the fans leave with the game tied? Unbelievably bad fans in this town. I was embarrassed. Those players deserve better.

Totally agree. I was sad both in how few people showed up for senior day for a team that has vastly exceeded expectations. It was also crazy to see so many people leave during such a good game. I guess I do get it for the people who brought young kids, but everybody else - get some damn hot chocolate and stick around!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1