Bowl Projection

shaft

From College Football News.Com

http://collegefootballnews.com/2016/college-football-playoff-bowl-projections-10-apr

Thursday, December 29, 2016

Birmingham Bowl

Legion Field, Birmingham, AL, 2:00 ET, ESPN
American Athletic vs. SEC
*North Texas vs. Vanderbilt
*North Texas to get in on APR, No AAC team projected available

• Upvote 4

Is it just me or does that still sound like a pretty great option? Sure, Birmingham is a bit far, but it's better than The Bahamas and Vanderbilt is a very recognizable team (even if they're not one of the generally more successful ones).

Edited by dmaxel
  • Upvote 5

15 minutes ago, dmaxel said:

Is it just me or does that still sound like a pretty great option? Sure, Birmingham is a bit far, but it's better than The Bahamas and Vanderbilt is a very recognizable team (even if they're not one of the generally more successful ones).

Not just you.  I think it would be awesome to play an SEC school in a bowl game.

• Upvote 2

I'm assuming the answer is no, but with us getting on on APR.. is there a way we could still end up at the HOD Bowl game? with another C-USA school filling this slot? I"m assuming they fill all the bowls possible then whatever is left is what you get assigned too

1 hour ago, dmaxel said:

I do like that option, its not a great location in terms of helping us recruit or bringing in fans, but maybe UAB fans come out to cheer on a fellow C-USA school... 

1 hour ago, Sig381 said:

i don't know people, they have beat our two best teams in our conference.

I think it could be nice to play them, also this may sound bad but not a terrible thing for us... an extra month of practicing, and we saw what Ek and Reff could do with 2 weeks at Army... Not to say Vandy is Army, but they can think of something and I think Ek kind of knows what to expect after coaching vs them last year and years before that as well.. But if we did get an L, could say hey its an SEC school...

i can understand the bowl excitement and the extra practice time.  I am not sure getting our asses kicked in bowl game is a good idea.  I just don't think we are there yet. Before i get jumped on, i have not missed a game and have not left early from a game and I will be cheering at the last game for the Mean Green.  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

18 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

i can understand the bowl excitement and the extra practice time.  I am not sure getting our asses kicked in bowl game is a good idea.  I just don't think we are there yet. Before i get jumped on, i have not missed a game and have not left early from a game and I will be cheering at the last game for the Mean Green.  

Can you imagine the positive pub we could get with being bowl accepted off our APR??? In the top 10 vert impressive! GMG 

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

I'm assuming the answer is no, but with us getting on on APR.. is there a way we could still end up at the HOD Bowl game? with another C-USA school filling this slot? I"m assuming they fill all the bowls possible then whatever is left is what you get assigned too

If the conference did not have enough six win teams, and none of the six win teams wanted to go to the HOD bowl.  Little to no chance of that happening.