Perception

greenminer

North Texas continued to stand toe-to-toe with Marshall during the second half. That's like the side of beef beating up Rocky. Yet, that's what happened.

In review:  

North Texas:  Side of Beef

Marshall:  Rocky Balboa

This is what the last decade has gotten us.  

• Upvote 5

RV created this monster. If an egomaniac fan base/university/program loses to North Texas this is the kind of response that is expected. RV was so delusional he thought that our fans being battered and bruised saying enough is enough that he created "expectations." Our perception falls squarely on Rick's shoulders. No one else. #thanksRV 

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 3

Just now, Ben Gooding said:

RV created this monster. If an egomaniac fan base/university/program loses to North Texas this is the kind of response that is expected. RV was so delusional he thought that our fans being battered and bruised saying enough is enough that he created "expectations." Our perception falls squarely on Rick's shoulders. No one else. #thanksRV 

This can really be put on something bigger and older than RV.

• Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

Don't sweat it. Consistent winning will change our perception. It'll take time, but it will come.

12 minutes ago, greenminer said:

This can really be put on something bigger and older than RV.

Yes, it can. But that bigger and older thing wasn't director of athletics nor was it hiring coaches in our revenue sports. He (RV) along with his undying support did this to our brand. He shoulders this blame and it disgusts me that he is still somehow collecting a check from U of NT. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

It obviously came as a shock to Marshall and its fans...but our team came together last night and WE KICKED THEIR ASSES!

I hope this wasn't the best game we play this year, but it shows what the team can do. We got some revenge for that 1988 game, Marshall...payback is a bitch!

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, EagleMBA said:

It obviously came as a shock to Marshall and its fans...but our team came together last night and WE KICKED THEIR ASSES!

I hope this wasn't the best game we play this year, but it shows what the team can do. We got some revenge for that 1988 game, Marshall...payback is a bitch!

Agreed. In the 2nd quarter, I told the group that I was sitting with that I would actually be pissed off if we didn't win that game. First time I've felt like that since being crushed in the subsequent seasons following the HOD Bowl. 

We were clearly the better team. Period. Loved having that feeling awakened again yesterday! Thanks Seth and Co. Optimism is fun.

• Upvote 4

I don't see what the fuss is about with his article. He's frustrated and specifically said early in the article that Marshall shouldn't have lost because of the season we are coming off of and their past 3 seasons. Before the season started, none of us would have thought we would win this game.

The perception is really evident when you look at the games we are favored to win per espn. The only game we are favored, as of this morning, is UTEP. That's where you really see the problem in perception.

Edited by GMG_Dallas

I take no offense in this at all.  

This write up is just butt hurt because of their fan and alumni base' expectations.  

They have been a highly successful and proud program for many years and I expect this kind of response from them.  In fact....I RESPECT it.  

This is where we should strive to be too,....and I think we are headed in that direction.

Rick

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Zeke said:

In review:  

North Texas:  Side of Beef

Marshall:  Rocky Balboa

This is what the last decade has gotten us.  

I'm sorry but I did LOL at this. Mac did us ZERO favors. Getting blasted by a FCS school last year pretty much branded NT like USDA beef....

Edited by Got5onIt
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Green P1 said:

"North Texas never will be confused with Pittsburgh. Not ever."

I hope not we are from Texas, school names are spelled different, not nearly the same colors. we are not panthers we are eagles. Maybe in West Virginia it gets confusing who their opponents are.  Maybe that is from bad moonshine or maybe just too much. 

3 minutes ago, KingDL1 said:

I hope not we are from Texas, school names are spelled different, not nearly the same colors. we are not panthers we are eagles. Maybe in West Virginia it gets confusing who their opponents are.  Maybe that is from bad moonshine or maybe just too much. 

Don't ever forget that Eagles are dangerous ...but a little p*##y never hurt anyone!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1