How many road games will UNT win in 2016?

Matt from A700

How many road games will the Mean Green win this year?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. How many road games will the Mean Green win this year?

• ZERO
    • The Mean Green will win ALL the road games

There are winnable games on the road this year, but I'm still nervous since we haven't won a road game since 2013 - a streak of 13 games. Here's the schedule, how many road games do you think the team will win this season?

Sept 17 at Florida

Sept 24 at Rice

Oct 22 at Army

Oct 29 at UTSA

Nov 12 at Western Kentucky

Nov 26 at UTEP

I say 2, and I think they will both be against the other Texas C-USA schools.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Matt from A700 said:

There are winnable games on the road this year, but I'm still nervous since we haven't won a road game since 2013 - a streak of 13 games. Here's the schedule, how many road games do you think the team will win this season?

Sept 17 at Florida

Sept 24 at Rice

Oct 22 at Army

Oct 29 at UTSA

Nov 12 at Western Kentucky

Nov 26 at UTEP

I say 2, and I think they will both be against the other Texas C-USA schools.

yep. pretty sure I know which two at this point. Rice is God awful and UTEP can run the ball pretty well, sooo...

Edited by UTSA Fan

3 hours ago, KingDL1 said:

If Army is beatable then game every game on our schedule would seem winnable to me with the exception of Florida.  I hope so

Western KY is significantly better than Army.  I don't think we'll beat Army--I'm not confident that our inexperienced defense can stay disciplined enough to contain their triple option--but I think we'll at least be competitive.  Western KY will destroy us.

• Upvote 1

I picked Rice, Army and UTSA.  I think having the bye week prior to our trip to Army will give us the extra time to prepare for their running game.  That coupled with the expected continued improvement of our defense gives us a shot.  Now, if the special teams doesn't improve, then...

Winning on the road is a hard thing to do. Hell, even our best team in the last 12 years won 3 road games, the 2013 HoD Bowl Champs. Winning one road game would be awesome, even if you're looking at Rice, Army, and UTSA as winnable opponents--although I think Army will be much tougher than the other two teams.

I think Littrell is a great hire--he will be a legitimate homerun hire if we win three or more games, in my opinion. Just gotta keep Fine healthy...as someone mentioned, I'd start Morris this week and play him a lot, just to let him get one more start here and take the hits of the Florida defense. Then, let Fine be the guy going forward. He is really the key here to winning another game or two this year.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Cerebus said:

Army is going to be 4-2 when they play us, we'll be doing well to be 2-4.  

I would be shocked and thrilled with one road win. A win over an FCS and people magically forget how shallow this team's depth is and how injuries are a huge part of a football season. 

Rice may be a close game. The others will be difficult. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

6 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Some also said the Bethune-Cookman game would be close.  I think if we pull thrrough Florida injury free, then we hammer Rice.

I don't think we "hammer" anyone this year, especially on the road. But insane optimism after a win over an FCS is what many on this board do. 

#nichollsstateneverforget

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 6

4 hours ago, SHOSS said:

Rice or utsa...  not both

Why not?  I think we have a good shot at beating them both so long as we stay healthy.  Defense will keep improving within their system and schemes.  You have to remember we just went from a defense where we sat on our heels and took it on the chin to one where we are sending pressure every down.  In a defense like that you better make sure you stay in your gaps and in your alleys or it ends up being 6 points.  

11 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

Why not?  I think we have a good shot at beating them both so long as we stay healthy.  Defense will keep improving within their system and schemes.  You have to remember we just went from a defense where we sat on our heels and took it on the chin to one where we are sending pressure every down.  In a defense like that you better make sure you stay in your gaps and in your alleys or it ends up being 6 points.  

Both are winnable, I'm just guessing that we pull one of them out based on what I've seen so far this year.  Just my guess.  I'd love for them to take both.  That would be awesome. 

I projected 3 wins, and honestly, I see nothing that has changed my opinion thus far.  I was always thinking that we'd pull out BC and 2 others...  Go Mean Green!

Agree with many here. From here on out our best chances at wins come on the road and Rice and UTSA sure come to mind first. @army and @UTEp should at least leave us with a shot.

I am afraid that UNT should be happy, if it can pick up even one more home win, say against southern miss. We really got hosed by CUSA having to play the same murderers slate of cross division two seasons in a row. Wonder how much the then AD fought that with the league.