So what's everyone grilling and drinking on Saturday?

NTAlum09

6 hours ago, Christopher Walker said:

For those unfamiliar with the glories of Helmet Beer:

Audacity is king currently in physical presence in Denton, but Armadillo Ale Works will always trump it in quality; Honey Please right now is to die for.

No, that beer is just average. Also, it's not much of a blonde ale, IMO. I'm not sure what else to call it, but it's not very representative of that style. I like Armadillo and I'm glad they're back and I'll look forward to their next new release.

Most of what I'm bringing will be Four Corners Local Buzz.

Edited by Army of Dad
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Army of Dad said:

No, that beer is just average. Also, it's not much of a blonde ale, IMO. I'm not sure what else to call it, but it's not very representative of that style. I like Armadillo and I'm glad they're back and I'll look forward to their next new release.

post-37129-yeah-well-you-know-thats-just

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Army of Dad said:

Where is a good place in Denton to get a few 6's of local beer?

1 minute ago, BigWillie said:

Taps & Caps - 505 W Hickory, corner at Carroll

Bearded Monk - McKinney and Austin, behind Eastside.

Midway Mart or Midway Crafthouse - Hickory and Carroll or Hickory and Welch near the Fry St area.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Christopher Walker said:

Taps & Caps - 505 W Hickory, corner at Carroll

Bearded Monk - McKinney and Austin, behind Eastside.

Midway Mart or Midway Crafthouse - Hickory and Carroll or Hickory and Welch near the Fry St area.

Nice! Thanks!

Edited by BigWillie

3 minutes ago, BigWillie said:

If you mean on your way to the game then try Total Wine for a one stop shop. (Buy Best Buy on the Loop). They have a cooler and will have some cold beer available.

If you are unlike @Christopher Walker (Just messing with you) and like Audicty's beer you can buy six packs to go from their place on Shady Oaks.

Lone Star Taps & Caps (SW corner of Hickory & Carroll has a wide variety and can fill a growler (50 taps) for you. They have a cooler so cold beer is an option here as well.

Also a solid choice is Bearded Monk (on McKinney, but it's basically in East Side's back yard). They will have six packs and can fill growlers as well. No cooler here, so no cold beer. Also, their taps (12 I think) usually carry a more interesting/niche selection of beers. Prices here are a bit higher, but they are pretty knowledgable about the beer...

5 minutes ago, Army of Dad said:

If you mean on your way to the game then try Total Wine for a one stop shop. (Buy Best Buy on the Loop). They have a cooler and will have some cold beer available.

If you are unlike @Christopher Walker (Just messing with you) and like Audicty's beer you can buy six packs to go from their place on Shady Oaks.

Lone Star Taps & Caps (SW corner of Hickory & Carroll has a wide variety and can fill a growler (50 taps) for you. They have a cooler so cold beer is an option here as well.

Also a solid choice is Bearded Monk (on McKinney, but it's basically in East Side's back yard). They will have six packs and can fill growlers as well. No cooler here, so no cold beer. Also, their taps (12 I think) usually carry a more interesting/niche selection of beers. Prices here are a bit higher, but they are pretty knowledgable about the beer...

Yeah, I was looking at Taps & Caps site and that Audacity's Cherry Bomb sounds very interesting... (Sorry  @Christopher Walker )

That online keg level is really cool too. Hopefully they stock up for Saturday!

This is all getting me even more excited about the game! My buddy is an Aggie, but he lives in Dallas, so going to make him an Eagle for a day and show him what Denton has to offer!

Edited by BigWillie
  • Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Sound_Man said:

We will start with steak and brats Friday night.

I'll take mine medium rare.  

18 hours ago, Army of Dad said:

I'll be happy to give you a beer.

I'll take a stout, or maybe a porter.  Rule of thumb is the closer it is to damp bread the more i'll like it.  

18 hours ago, Cerebus said:

I usually don't drink but this board is making me reconsider.  

7 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

I'll take a stout, or maybe a porter.  Rule of thumb is the closer it is to damp bread the more i'll like it.  

Uh oh, look what you guys have gone and done now!!

Also, I was going to ask Tony directly, but getting ideas from the masses is good too. 

I have access to make a banner, sign, etc. for the tailgate and wouldn't mind getting it done before Saturday. Just need some artwork if you are interested Tony.

That way you can have it all season.

Edited by BigWillie

17 hours ago, malonish said:

1 hour ago, Army of Dad said:

Hey AoD, the Bens at Bearded Monk do have a couple of coolers on-site, so there are some cooled options available there as well. However, I do run sound for shows at Taps & Caps and am thus partial to their selection. They're all great though!

1 hour ago, BigWillie said:

Yeah, I was looking at Taps & Caps site and that Audacity's Cherry Bomb sounds very interesting... (Sorry  @Christopher Walker )

Hey, no worries you two! Audacity is certainly successful for very good reasons. I just prefer the creative output from Bobby and Yianni with Armadillo.

1 hour ago, BigWillie said:

That online keg level is really cool too. Hopefully they stock up for Saturday!

This is all getting me even more excited about the game! My buddy is an Aggie, but he lives in Dallas, so going to make him an Eagle for a day and show him what Denton has to offer!

Now that I think about it I misspoke, Bearded Monk does have a cooler. Just FYI.

47 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

I'll see what I am rustle up, though no promises on quality since I don't drink much of those styles. 

13 minutes ago, Christopher Walker said:

Hey AoD, the Bens at Bearded Monk do have a couple of coolers on-site, so there are some cooled options available there as well. However, I do run sound for shows at Taps & Caps and am thus partial to their selection. They're all great though!

Hey, no worries you two! Audacity is certainly successful for very good reasons. I just prefer the creative output from Bobby and Yianni with Armadillo.

Yeah, I thought about it after I got off a conference call and then didn't see your post. 

45 minutes ago, Christopher Walker said:

Meh I just think they (Audacity) need some time to evolve and grow. 

1 hour ago, Cerebus said:

For a tailgate? Savage. My rule of thumb is low and slow (I think the technical term is flyweight drinker).

7 minutes ago, malonish said:

I'll likely post the shirt I'm wearing so people will recognize me so say hi / plz no bully.

We are a friendly lot despite the Internet Jackassery and the crazy notion by some that we are rivals. 

Butt, seriously...

Can I dance with yo date?

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

4 hours ago, BigWillie said:

have access to make a banner, sign, etc. for the tailgate and wouldn't mind getting it done before Saturday. Just need some artwork if you are interested Tony.

Too soon

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, BigWillie said:

Also, I was going to ask Tony directly, but getting ideas from the masses is good too. 

I have access to make a banner, sign, etc. for the tailgate and wouldn't mind getting it done before Saturday. Just need some artwork if you are interested Tony.

I know a guy with an airplane...

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3