Sherman HS Football Staff

GMG24

2 hours ago, Marty said:

I think they also hired Cam Montgomery & Isaac Thomas. 

New DC Mark Wilkinson is a UNT alum also. Don't think he played football though.

Thanks Marty, I was contacted about going up there I just didn't have the certification that they were looking for at the time. 

41 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:

JD's from Granbury and is a good man.  I'm hoping he does well.

Rick

And what about me? HUH!!! I think Sherman is 1 year away. They'll struggle this year, but have some incredible coaches. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, GMG24 said:

Has a TON of UNT alums and former players on it.  I know for sure 

HC- J.D. Martinez 

OC- Derek Thompson 

probably OL Nic Summerfield just announced a day or two ago he was coaching up there. 

Just an FYI as these boys play in the Denton, Ryan, Braswell district.  If you are bored on Friday Nights it would be fun to go support them.  Unless they're playing The Colony and you better chose me over them. That is all. 

I choose Allen

• Downvote 2

UNT alumns banding together and looking out for other UNT alumns. Good to see. There is need for more of that, not just in sports. That is crucial for people to start developing more pride about their UNT time (posters on this board not meant), as they also start seeing that there is networking value to it . And with how many UNT alumns are out there...

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 5

45 minutes ago, DT 90 said:

Can you guess which offense Thompson will be running?????

Coach Nelms's spread he ran in Glen Rose?

On July 31, 2016 at 9:29 PM, GMG24 said:

And what about me? HUH!!! I think Sherman is 1 year away. They'll struggle this year, but have some incredible coaches. 

Are you from Granbury too?

Whats gonna hurt is watching my son play against NT great Bart Helsley, head coach  at Keller Central.  Ugh.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

On 7/31/2016 at 4:45 PM, GMG24 said:

Just an FYI as these boys play in the Denton, Ryan, Braswell district.  If you are bored on Friday Nights it would be fun to go support them.  Unless they're playing The Colony and you better chose me over them. That is all. and everyone else in 5A are gonna get absolutely destroyed by Denton Ryan and Tyreke Davis this season.

FIFY.

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...
On August 3, 2016 at 5:13 AM, Army of Dad said:

Yeah, it's got to be a kick in the nuts for Braswell. Welcome to the district, you get maybe the best school in the state on your schedule.

In a few short years Braswell will be beating the crap out of everyone on its schedule...or will at a minimum be very very competitive.  It is the way it works.  Count on it.

35 minutes ago, KRAM1 said:

In a few short years Braswell will be beating the crap out of everyone on its schedule...or will at a minimum be very very competitive.  It is the way it works.  Count on it.

Yeah, but for now they get their teeth kicked in.

It will be very interesting to see if Ryan can remain a power school in the long run.