East Oak Alumni Season Ticket Packages

On 7/26/2016 at 3:43 PM, MGNation92 said:

Yeah I typically sit on the student side because I'm still rowdy as hell and don't want to bother the old folks on the other side and in the early season games you get absolutely fried

It looks like the September and October games are all at 6PM.  Is the sun/heat a problem that late?  I've never attended a game at Apogee (my time at UNT was pre-expansion Fouts Field), but am mighty tempted by this ticket package.

Edited by TripleGrad
  • Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, TripleGrad said:

It looks like the September and October games are all at 6PM.  Is the sun/heat a problem that late?  I've never attended a game at Apogee (my time at UNT was pre-expansion Fouts Field), but am mighty tempted by this ticket package.

Right at 6:00 pm will still be warm and muggy, but will quickly fall off as the game progresses and the sun will be out of our way by 8:00 pm or so for sure. It's not like Noon-kicks in which that side gets progressively more miserable as the game trudges on.

19 minutes ago, Christopher Walker said:

Right at 6:00 pm will still be warm and muggy, but will quickly fall off as the game progresses and the sun will be out of our way by 8:00 pm or so for sure. It's not like Noon-kicks in which that side gets progressively more miserable as the game trudges on.

I think the last time we played smoo at apogee it was an 11 am kickoff. I swear I had third degree burns by the end of the game

Edited by MGNation92

17 minutes ago, TripleGrad said:

For 6:00 kickoffs, the sun will beat down on you early on, but since these are the first few rows, you should be in the shade sometime in the 2nd quarter.   3PM kicks or earlier and bring some sunglasses & sunblock as you'll be in the sun for the duration of the game.

2 hours ago, TripleGrad said:

Just to be safe, bring a light jacket.

49 minutes ago, Tyler Maryak said:

commenting to bump this up because i plan on buying my tickets this afternoon. #payday

I'm pretty torn between. I enjoyed these seats in 2014. My wife dislikes them bc of the rowdiness. 2015 we switched to endzone seats. We both liked them but they were dead seats (as was the entire stadium). I'm 29, but I think I'm too rowdy (immature) to go full swing alumni side. My wife gave me no clarity on her opinion last night while telling me to do whatever I want. So, here I am, stuck. 

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

I'm pretty torn between. I enjoyed these seats in 2014. My wife dislikes them bc of the rowdiness. 2015 we switched to endzone seats. We both liked them but they were dead seats (as was the entire stadium). I'm 29, but I think I'm too rowdy (immature) to go full swing alumni side. My wife gave me no clarity on her opinion last night while telling me to do whatever I want. So, here I am, stuck. 

I imagine that is the response I will get tonight when I ask my wife about it. If you figure out the right answer, please DM me...

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Ben Gooding said:

1 hour ago, Tyler Maryak said:

I imagine that is the response I will get tonight when I ask my wife about it. If you figure out the right answer, please DM me...

I always sit in the endzone simply because i can be my rowdy self when need be and be my docile self when we are getting stomped.  A good blend.  (dead seats) must not have been sitting by me we usually go third row up from the bottom right in the middle of the uprights hahaha

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, MEANGREENCOACH2 said:

I always sit in the endzone simply because i can be my rowdy self when need be and be my docile self when we are getting stomped.  A good blend.  (dead seats) must not have been sitting by me we usually go third row up from the bottom right in the middle of the uprights hahaha

We sat endzone front row a little over to the alumni side. 

3 minutes ago, MEANGREENCOACH2 said:

more like

giphy (4).gif

Much more like this I'm sure. Last year was an absolute beat down. It was even worse due to the instability and the idea of RV being allowed to steer us toward his "vision." Just a gross season. A true rock bottom moment for a 100+ year old program. 

• 3 weeks later...

The order page says tickets and shirts are available for pickup today, is that just the first day available, or they must be picked up today? Also, anyone know what time the bus leaves East Side for a 6pm game? It seems like getting to East Side at noon would be a little early for the wife so I'm thinking more like 3. I assume the party will still be going.

Oh, and did these things sell out?

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

The order page says tickets and shirts are available for pickup today, is that just the first day available, or they must be picked up today? Also, anyone know what time the bus leaves East Side for a 6pm game? It seems like getting to East Side at noon would be a little early for the wife so I'm thinking more like 3. I assume the party will still be going.

Oh, and did these things sell out?

Picked mine up from John today. T-shirts aren't ready but tickets are and seat selection is first come first serve. I just wanted my choice of seats so went right at twelve. There is a pre-party at east side on game day at 12, tailgate at the stadium at 3. Cheers.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Caw Caw said:

Picked mine up from John today. T-shirts aren't ready but tickets are and seat selection is first come first serve. I just wanted my choice of seats so went right at twelve. There is a pre-party at east side on game day at 12, tailgate at the stadium at 3. Cheers.

Where is the tailgate? Possible for folks that didn't buy his package to swing by?