Fan meeting.

UNT90

Just now, TreeFiddy said:

It is crazy to have so many different mailing lists.  One list of names and contact info and then you should be able to subscribe to the different groups that you want to receive information/mailers from.

It's my understanding there is an effort to combine the alumni records into a singular source which would make recording keeping/extraction much easier.

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, UNTFan23 said:

It's my understanding there is an effort to combine the alumni records into a singular source which would make recording keeping/extraction much easier.

We've been talking about the sharing of lists (actually not sharing) at UNT since the beginning of GoMeanGreen.com.  How many years ago has that been Harry?

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, DeepGreen said:

We've been talking about the sharing of lists (actually not sharing) at UNT since the beginning of GoMeanGreen.com.  How many years ago has that been Harry?

In some form or fashion, 20

1 hour ago, DeepGreen said:

My sister-in-law works for the Rice Alumni Association. At Rice, the athletic department doesn't have access to the alumni association's email list, but can request the association's help in getting emails sent to alums. So, it can and is done by other universities in C-USA.

29 minutes ago, Side Show Joe said:

My sister-in-law works for the Rice Alumni Association. At Rice, the athletic department doesn't have access to the alumni association's email list, but can request the association's help in getting emails sent to alums. So, it can and is done by other universities in C-USA.

This still seems dumb to me.  One university, one list.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, TreeFiddy said:

This still seems dumb to me.  One university, one list.

Not crazy and not easy to do.  It's a very complicated project.  It takes a strong committment to follow through and complete a project this large when everything is already "working".  We're working through many of these same issues at my work.  Departments can be very protective of their lists sometimes for good reasons.  Departments can be very protective if their data to prevent their donors being contacted for other causes.  Donors can easily be overwhelmed with mailings, phone calls, and requests for donations.  Combining data requires specific guidelines and strong oversight to manage it correctly.  All this is in addition to the actual project of combining large data bases which can be a nightmare to do.

• Upvote 2

damn...why didn't someone ask about the flap that is still up on the apogee sign???   lost opportunity...

Just now, Harry said:

You were there, why didn't you ask it.  Maybe if you weren't hanging out by the bar the whole time. LOL

i didn't even realize it was still up until i drove by tonight...and the bar was fantastic...why wouldn't i be there???

• Upvote 4

11 hours ago, THOR said:

damn...why didn't someone ask about the flap that is still up on the apogee sign???   lost opportunity...

i didn't even realize it was still up until i drove by tonight...and the bar was fantastic...why wouldn't i be there???

Love that beer, baby! It's the drink us grown ups love to chug. Yes, yes...just give me some of that water, yeast and hops and all my troubles are gone, fellas!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

16 hours ago, TreeFiddy said:

@cerebus didn't you have some knowledge of this project?  Is it still moving forward?

It's still moving forward.   @NorthTexan95 is spot on.  Also from an IT standpoint you have to remember ab out 60 different people have been building their houses over the years.  Now we are trying to get them all to move into one house.  Some of them are going to want wood floors, some of them hate wood floors.  Some of them want a pool, some of them can't move in with out a second story.  Getting them all to agree to one design is tough.

And, to be frank, some of them have spent decades and a lot of money to build a really nice mansion.  Now they are being told they have to share everything with some groups that have put no real effort in, and have a cardboard shack.  They wonder why they are forced to share their hard work with them.

Getting passed all this is only going to happen with consistent pressure from THE TOP for a long period of time.  

17 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

It's still moving forward.   @NorthTexan95 is spot on.  Also from an IT standpoint you have to remember ab out 60 different people have been building their houses over the years.  Now we are trying to get them all to move into one house.  Some of them are going to want wood floors, some of them hate wood floors.  Some of them want a pool, some of them can't move in with out a second story.  Getting them all to agree to one design is tough.

And, to be frank, some of them have spent decades and a lot of money to build a really nice mansion.  Now they are being told they have to share everything with some groups that have put no real effort in, and have a cardboard shack.  They wonder why they are forced to share their hard work with them.

Getting passed all this is only going to happen with consistent pressure from THE TOP for a long period of time.  

Great analogy.  

• Upvote 2

I may have missed it, but did anyone mention scheduling and how horrible it has been? 

I may have missed it, but did anyone mention scheduling and how horrible it has been? 

48 minutes ago, mgfan said:

sm8D4VgRYRmE.gif

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, untcampbell said:

It came up in a conversation with Trip after the program. He said he was surprised it didn't come up, so he is fully aware of the situation.

GMG

Interesting, considering how much you read about it on this board. I am glad Trip is aware of the situation. To me the scheduling is a top 5 problem in UNT football.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, untcampbell said:

It came up in a conversation with Trip after the program. He said he was surprised it didn't come up, so he is fully aware of the situation.

GMG

I think the person to address this with isn't hired yet. That will be included in my email to the new AD when he arrives. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1