Buc-ee’s set to come to Denton by 2018

Skipper

Just now, Aldo said:

This is my fascination with it. I'd rather stop at a Buc-ee's than a grungy old Shell bathroom that I have to walk outside the building with a key attached to a wooden block. If I'm going to Austin or Houston I try to plan my stops around these.

I get that on a long road trip, especially when you're more likely to encounter biology experiments in remote gas stations.

However, I really, really don't see making it a destination while on the drive up to Denton from Lewisville.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, oldguystudent said:

However, I really, really don't see making it a destination while on the drive up to Denton from Lewisville.

Short commuters are not their target market.

I all can say is that the mother in law loves her some of the sugar free candy they carry, so I do make it a point to stop in one when I can to keep everyone happy.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, oldguystudent said:

Exactly, and I don't think that's what it is meant for (though they usually have cheap gas). I don't run over to Travel Centers of America to get gas or get coffee.

Edited by Aldo

1 minute ago, oldguystudent said:

I get that on a long road trip, especially when you're more likely to encounter biology experiments in remote gas stations.

Where else are you going to find a Texas-shaped spatula and an assortment of 200 different types of jerky at the same place on your drive from Lewisville to Denton?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, HoustonEagle said:

for those of you, like me, that travel 45 between Houston and Dallas regularly.  Go to Woodys instead of Buccee's you will be glad you did. 

Where is woodys? I make the trip to Houston once a year...

34 minutes ago, THOR said:

Where is woodys? I make the trip to Houston once a year...

https://woodys-smokehouse.com/contact-us/

Woodys was in the Centerville area well before Bucee's and they have one on each side of the highway.    Gas, great good, pristine bathrooms and all sorts of goodies.  I have often wondered if Bucees got the idea for their model from Woodys.   Still I think Woody's wins hands down. 

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, buff64 said:

Construction is underway on the Bucc-ees . 

Mmmmmmmm not quite.

It's still an empty field and there are a lot of things to be done. Like Beaver Aplin actually buying the land, I-35E improvements (the new underpass) being completed and the city issuing construction permits.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Got5onIt said:

Any truth to the rumor about HEB building a store where the old Albertson's sat in Lake Dallas/Corinth?

HEB has been rumored to be entering the DFW market for several years now. Best rumor I have heard is they have bought land in various cities throughout DFW.  Right now I am in a "I'll believe it when I see it" phase.

23 hours ago, HoustonEagle said:

https://woodys-smokehouse.com/contact-us/

Woodys was in the Centerville area well before Bucee's and they have one on each side of the highway.    Gas, great good, pristine bathrooms and all sorts of goodies.  I have often wondered if Bucees got the idea for their model from Woodys.   Still I think Woody's wins hands down. 

I agree, Woody's is awesome. Extremely good food.  However, Bucee's is worth the stop for the restrooms, price of gas, Icees and Spicy/Cheese Bucee Nuts.  I only wish the one on 114 had been there during my fall weekend trips to Denton.   

2 hours ago, UNTFan23 said:

HEB has been rumored to be entering the DFW market for several years now. Best rumor I have heard is they have bought land in various cities throughout DFW.  Right now I am in a "I'll believe it when I see it" phase.

HEB owns Waco. The big HEB Super Stores are really nice. 

58 minutes ago, DT 90 said:

I agree, Woody's is awesome. Extremely good food.  However, Bucee's is worth the stop for the restrooms, price of gas, Icees and Spicy/Cheese Bucee Nuts.  I only wish the one on 114 had been there during my fall weekend trips to Denton.   

HEB owns Waco. The big HEB Super Stores are really nice. 

On June 13, 2016 at 4:49 PM, UNTFan23 said:

How many gas stations are as big (and as nice) as Buc-ee's?

Its a gas station, just throw in some lot lizards and you got a truck stop.   If Buckee Beaver wants to build a gas station fine, just no tax breaks.

• Upvote 1

Ask your wives and girlfriends why they like Buc-ees:

1) Clean and large bathroom - no waiting

2) It's not a truck stop

Not to mention the food and other stuff for them to buy...

Edited by Stix
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, southsideguy said:

Its a gas station, just throw in some lot lizards and you got a truck stop.   If Buckee Beaver wants to build a gas station fine, just no tax breaks.

I think the tax break is due to Buckee's throwing money into the pot to get the 35E improvements done. Generally speaking businesses don't (or won't) pay for those types of improvements and so it's not exactly fair to expect them to pay full sales tax AND road improvements.

Edited by UNTFan23
  • Upvote 1