CUSA Bowl Success

UNT 90 Grad

Well...them MUTS choked! They just gave up two TDs, still almost 5 minutes to go. Ooops! Four and out for the MUTS.

Looks like the coach's son ran out of gas. They are going to blemish the conference's record. But then, who are WE to talk about blemish?

Yep we are the pizza faced kid at the party.

Dammit...I picked Middle to win, too.  I need to stop underestimating WMU.  They really are on quite the upswing.

Surprised no one has made a side note of the AAC, though.  Could they go winless through bowl season?  I picked Houston to upset FlaSt, but there's a chance they could all get stifled.  I picked Temple over Toledo, too, and we saw how that turned out....

On ‎12‎/‎28‎/‎2015 at 8:58 AM, DeepGreen said:

Screw Houston!  Arrogant bastards.  All they talk about is moving to the P5, Big 12 crap.  Hope the 'noles crush the coogs.

You hate us because you ain't us. Don't get mad because we got bigger fish to fry as opposed to hanging around for G5 amateur hour.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 13

1 hour ago, Cougar King said:

You hate us because you ain't us. Don't get mad because we got bigger fish to fry as opposed to hanging around for G5 amateur hour.

I don't hate Houston. I like most Texas schools. Houston is G5 and I don't see a damn thing wrong with G5 schools either. This whole G5 P5 nonsense is ESPN bullshit. Houston may go to a P5 conference some day but the politics are outrageous these days so I wouldn't count my chickens yet.

Edited by UNTexas
  • Upvote 2

23 hours ago, Ryan Munthe said:

I could've gone to UH if I so chose. Preferred non commuter schools not located in the hood.

Lol can't wait for Cougar High to lose by 40 to FSU.

UH didn't sell out the AAC champ. Your stadium sucks. Will never be in the Big 12. BYU and Cincy are next. UH is the safety school. Although they're used to that.

Once again you showcase your stupidity. We had 37k at the championship game (more than what UNT had at their BOWL GAME), we were drawing 40+k in other games, we had more people at our Memphis game alone than UNT has had in actual attendance in all of their home games this season COMBINED, we outsold FLORIDA STATE in Peach Bowl tickets and will have a great showing tomorrow, we just flipped a 4 star QB from TCU while you guys are ecstatic because you guys got Alabama's third string QB.

We have a bunch of 4 and 5 star recruits plus countless 3 star guys in our 2016 recruiting class and will get a few more. You already know that Im the best when it comes to pissing contests, so don't get in one with me.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 7

I'm surprised anyone here gives a rip one way or the other about Cougar High.  My little brother ended up there after he flunked out of UT, so I suppose I could have a rooting interest.  But he doesn't care one way or another about them, and he went there.  Cougar Queen might make me want to root against them, but it's pretty clear that their actual fanbase has disowned him.  He can actually be pretty amusing from time to time, like when he believes he derives additional personal merit from Houston's coach flipping a QB commit.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

14 hours ago, Cougar King said:

Once again you showcase your stupidity. We had 37k at the championship game (more than what UNT had at their BOWL GAME), we were drawing 40+k in other games, we had more people at our Memphis game alone than UNT has had in actual attendance in all of their home games this season COMBINED, we outsold FLORIDA STATE in Peach Bowl tickets and will have a great showing tomorrow, we just flipped a 4 star QB from TCU while you guys are ecstatic because you guys got Alabama's third string QB.

We have a bunch of 4 and 5 star recruits plus countless 3 star guys in our 2016 recruiting class and will get a few more. You already know that Im the best when it comes to pissing contests, so don't get in one with me.

Yeah just saw your last one

200.gif

• Upvote 6

14 hours ago, Cougar King said:

How is that working out for ATM? Pride comes before the fall. I like Houston bc Hermann makes it work with what he's got, undersized athletes getting it done. Don't ruin that and cause me to hate watching good football just because you want to piss better than someone else. Thanks. Also I picked the cougs to beat fsu. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Truth is I believe UH has done what needs to be done to seriously be considered for the Big 12. From the donors to the pres, bor, and altheltic director as well as conference dollars . Support must flow from the top all the way to the underlings and they must be given the chance and at times funds to do the jobs they got hired to do. Not saying this isn't happening here at NT, just a statement in general. Houston is proving to be successful. If Kansas (because of Basketball) can be in the big 12, UH can. 

Edited by filmerj
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Cougar King said:

First of all, we had more than 37K at our bowl game. 

Next, you should sellout a home game conference championship. You better believe UNT would have green bleeding outside of the turntiles of Apogee if we hosted the CUSA championship game. 

The Peach bowl for FSU is a second rate 11AM kickoff bowl game. For UH, and rightfully so, it's a Super Bowl. 

Lastly, UH is currently playing very well with a lot of energy. FSU is playing flat and uninspired as suspected. 

Oh, and the mighty AAC is currently 1-5 this bowl season. CUSA is 3-2 and finished last year 4-1. Just so you know. CUSA vs AAC in bowl games goes in favor of CUSA at 2-0. 

Edited by Ben Gooding

16 minutes ago, filmerj said:

Truth is I believe UH has done what needs to be done to seriously be considered for the Big 12. From the donors to the pres, bor, and altheltic director. Support must flow from the top all the way to the underlings and they must be given the chance and at times funds to do the jobs they got hired to do. Not saying this isn't happening here at NT, just a statement in general. Houston is proving to be successful. If Kansas (because of Basketball) can be in the big 12, UH can. 

KU is in the Big 12 because of hoops being huge there, plus its got the academic AAU prestige on its side, as well as bringing in the KC market. UH isn't bringing any of that to the Big XII--the Houston market is already full of Longhorns, Red Raiders, Bears, Sooners, etc...it wouldn't add one penny to the conference to duplicate a market they already are heavily involved in.

UH has two P5 chances---the first one is very, very remote--the ACC added them to get to 16 basketball teams. Of course, they could also easily add UConn or Cincinnati to do the same thing and have closer travel for everyone else in the league. The other is the Pac-12--they get tired of waiting on the GOR to expire for the Big XII schools and decide to add UH to get into the Texas market without having to deal with UT and its LHN mess. They could add UNLV and UH and basically have 14 schools like the other 3 big Power conferences have, without taking away from the Big XII. Again, this is very remote.

More likely, UH is still in some G5 conference in a few years. Texas wants nothing to do with them being the Big XII, which means Tech, Baylor, and TCU don't either. None of the other schools in the Big XII are going to make Texas mad by going against them, so they aren't getting UH in there. When the Power Conferences finally separate, my guess is that UH will either go independent again so as to claim some kind of quasi-P5 existence in football or they will stay in a G5 league because the costs are easier to manage. It sucks for UH, Boise State, Cincinnati, and other G5s that are certainly more valuable in every way than schools like Washington State, Iowa State, Baylor, Mississippi State, Vanderbilt, or Wake Forest, but history and current conference membership trumps this all--at least until the networks and the schools develop a new confederation of football programs.

13 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

KU is in the Big 12 because of hoops being huge there, plus its got the academic AAU prestige on its side, as well as bringing in the KC market. UH isn't bringing any of that to the Big XII--the Houston market is already full of Longhorns, Red Raiders, Bears, Sooners, etc...it wouldn't add one penny to the conference to duplicate a market they already are heavily involved in.

UH has two P5 chances---the first one is very, very remote--the ACC added them to get to 16 basketball teams. Of course, they could also easily add UConn or Cincinnati to do the same thing and have closer travel for everyone else in the league. The other is the Pac-12--they get tired of waiting on the GOR to expire for the Big XII schools and decide to add UH to get into the Texas market without having to deal with UT and its LHN mess. They could add UNLV and UH and basically have 14 schools like the other 3 big Power conferences have, without taking away from the Big XII. Again, this is very remote.

More likely, UH is still in some G5 conference in a few years. Texas wants nothing to do with them being the Big XII, which means Tech, Baylor, and TCU don't either. None of the other schools in the Big XII are going to make Texas mad by going against them, so they aren't getting UH in there. When the Power Conferences finally separate, my guess is that UH will either go independent again so as to claim some kind of quasi-P5 existence in football or they will stay in a G5 league because the costs are easier to manage. It sucks for UH, Boise State, Cincinnati, and other G5s that are certainly more valuable in every way than schools like Washington State, Iowa State, Baylor, Mississippi State, Vanderbilt, or Wake Forest, but history and current conference membership trumps this all--at least until the networks and the schools develop a new confederation of football programs.

For one, how is Boise superior to Baylor? Boise's football run has been a few years longer than Baylor's, but that's pretty much it.

Just now, foutsrouts said:

For one, how is Boise superior to Baylor? Boise's football run has been a few years longer than Baylor's, but that's pretty much it.

Really?

Boise State has won three BCS games against OU, TCU, and Arizona last year. They moved up FBS in 1995 and their run really started in 1999 and hasn't slowed up too much. Several top 10 finishes, as well as top 25 rankings.

Baylor has been to two and got punked by UCF in one and then choked massively last year in the Cotton Bowl in their own backyard against Michigan State. Before Briles got things rolling there in 2010, Baylor was a Big XII pushover. A great year for them from 1996-2010 was to win 4 games.

Almost everyone across the college football landscape believes Boise State is a much bigger name program than Baylor.

6 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

Really?

Boise State has won three BCS games against OU, TCU, and Arizona last year. They moved up FBS in 1995 and their run really started in 1999 and hasn't slowed up too much. Several top 10 finishes, as well as top 25 rankings.

Baylor has been to two and got punked by UCF in one and then choked massively last year in the Cotton Bowl in their own backyard against Michigan State. Before Briles got things rolling there in 2010, Baylor was a Big XII pushover. A great year for them from 1996-2010 was to win 4 games.

Almost everyone across the college football landscape believes Boise State is a much bigger name program than Baylor.

We all know that there's much more to conference affiliation than a nice football victory run in a G5 conference, and Baylor is clearly superior to Boise in virtually every other category IMO. Not that Baylor's shorter football run has been unimpressive itself.  

• Upvote 1