Littrell press conference thoughts

Harry

Two thoughts from the presser:

1. Coach Littrell, on Texas high school coaches: "They won't have to come by and see me at the facility. I'm coming to see them."
  2. His daughter with him on the podium.  Recruiting trail is tough on the family and he needs to keep that a priority.

CVpR0HMU4AAQzVX.jpg:large

CVpedNNUYAABogE.jpg:large

Do we need a new thread to discuss the shades of green his family is wearing?  

/end joke

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Why?  

Whenever you win, Brett writes great, flattering articles about your team and your coaching ability.   When your team sucks, he writes articles questioning your team's abilities and your coaching ability.   If there are going to be more moments of "shut up, Brett", that means there is going to be more bad football...

Touché!

I feel bad for you.  Why not have some hope?  This guy will turn the program around you can save this thread if you want. 

You haven't been around very long, have you?

Maybe FFR has seen much more of this program than you. Maybe after Rick witnessing his 6th or 7th coaching hire, he isn't prone to crazy over-reaction, like promising this coach will turn this program around, something that none of those 6, save a brief run under Dickey, have done.

I agree with Rick. I think like every head coach before him, Littrell will get frustrated quickly from the incompetency that he sees in the AD. 

Very quickly. 

I doubt he knows the dysfunction to which he is entering. 

But I think he got a small dose during RV's long winded... Introduction?

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 12

Did anyone catch Littrell answering the what type of system he would use at North Texas on offense? His answer, "Triple Option" then chuckled and said no spread bla bla bla.  I loved it! 

You might not if he can't recruit the talent to run the spread. 

Too bad I most likely won't be in the club next year. Watching @oldguystudent head explode with the full team look to the sidelines on offense might be entertaining.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 6

Guys... IDK why I am saying this... but I think Seth Littrell's #1 recruiting focus for the rest of the month HAS to be the Duffey kid out of Mansfield Lake Ridge.. i think that guy is potentially someone he can woo and I have been looking him up... QB of the future for NT is fitting praise. If he can pull a kid like that in his first few weeks, I will be a very very big believer in Seth Littrell.  

• Upvote 1

I finally got a chance to watch it.  I like what I saw. He seems very genuine and hungry to succeed. I'm going to enjoy watching him build the program. 

Agreed.  I like everything he said with the passion and aggressiveness.  I am not sure how you watch that and not get excited being a UNT fan.  Really looking forward to moving forward with him.

• Upvote 2

No coach is guaranteed period, proven somewhere else or not.  

Seth's staff will be make or break for him.

Hopefully the Smatresk will show RV the door for this new years. 

Getting rid of RV would go a long way in making this place better. 

Guys... IDK why I am saying this... but I think Seth Littrell's #1 recruiting focus for the rest of the month HAS to be the Duffey kid out of Mansfield Lake Ridge.. i think that guy is potentially someone he can woo and I have been looking him up... QB of the future for NT is fitting praise. If he can pull a kid like that in his first few weeks, I will be a very very big believer in Seth Littrell.  

he is signing Wednesday with tech, so Littrell better get on it. 

he signs wends..

Did anyone catch Littrell answering the what type of system he would use at North Texas on offense? His answer, "Triple Option" then chuckled and said no spread bla bla bla.  I loved it! 

That was hilarious!  Like... he was researching the fan base by reading GMG?

Edited by Stix
bad grammar!
  • Upvote 2

That was hilarious!  Like... he was researching the fan base by reading GMG?

I am almost certain this happened. Maybe not him doing the research, but his agent or at the very least a convo topic on the plane. I mean why else would he say that? Hopefully he's still chuckling at the notion of running at option based offense after a few recruiting classes. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I am almost certain this happened. Maybe not him doing the research, but his agent or at the very least a convo topic on the plane. I mean why else would he say that? Hopefully he's still chuckling at the notion of running at option based offense after a few recruiting classes. 

His people, if they did their job, have read through threads on this board, on the "other" board, and all of Vito's blogs for the last year.

And he still won't be prepared for what he finds...

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 5

There's not much sunshine to pump these days, but hope springs eternal...

Littrell has to overcome A LOT of hurdles, but maybe he can achieve something good here. He is hamstrung with a terrible AD and culture of apathy, both of which will be very hard to defeat. But he might just be the guy to do it. Its hard to imagine that he will, based on the previous 35 years worth of football coaches, but I hope he does and I wish him luck.

Apathy is there due to losing.  Look I'm usually on board with the naysayers b/c we've been bit in the ass every single time.  The coaches will overcome less and less if they can produce W's.  Now the man hiring the coaches is a different thing but let's not lose sight of the real reason behind so much apathy and getting this thing to take off the way we want and expect.

• Upvote 1

It's almost like someone could easily follow 4-5 people, zero in on the dumbest crap imaginable every single week, show it someone important, and erode the credibility of the entire board community forever. Congrats!

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

It's almost like someone could easily follow 4-5 people, zero in on the dumbest crap imaginable every single week, show it someone important, and erode the credibility of the entire board community forever. Congrats!

Triple option is pretty credible. Has a better win % than North Texas. So if that someone "important" is in the North Texas AD the joke is on them. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Triple option is pretty credible. Has a better win % than North Texas. So if that someone "important" is in the North Texas AD the joke is on them. 

This quote from Littrell may not seem near as humerous come October 22, 2016. 

Probably something he should have avoided. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

"Everybody go long!  And hurry!  They're about the blow the whistle to end recess!" has a better winning % then North Texas.

As for @UNT90 watching my head explode at the spread, so long as we don't burn three time outs and insist on going from the shotgun on 4th and millimeters then decide to go for (and miss...badly) a short field goal instead when there's 3 seconds left in the game, and we're down by five, I might be ok.  If Littrell's words about evolution and adaptation hold true.  If he isn't stubborn as a jackass mule in a situation that calls for a little thought, then I'll probably be ok.  I will miss the Marilyn Monroe signboards on the sidelines though.