Seth Littrell update from footballscoop

Harry

Someone reported the hire was finalized and said it would be announced tomorrow. If thats true, I think it has to be Meacham. Littrell wouldnt want it announced that he was leaving UNC the week of their championship game - as it would be a distraction for the team. 

It does seem pretty obvious that if it's Meacham it would be announced sooner than Littrell for this very fact. But, I would question the validity of this tweet.

I think the mods and people in the know on this board have been asked to keep quiet until tomorrow. Just a guess. 

I have a hidden camera on the wall in their HQ and I picked this up:

cone-of-silence-o.gif

• Upvote 2

Someone reported the hire was finalized and said it would be announced tomorrow. If thats true, I think it has to be Meacham. Littrell wouldnt want it announced that he was leaving UNC the week of their championship game - as it would be a distraction for the team. 

If North Carolina wins the game, it will be their first ACC championship since 1980. This would be terrible timing for him to announce a move.

Agree.  Again, if Seth is best for UNT, I don't mind waiting another couple of weeks for him.  Let's not hire a different guy just to get him in here a couple of weeks sooner.

That would make sense but that isn't what we do at North Texas. We like to go off half-cocked. We like to sign extensions prematurely and the like.

• Upvote 3

Now that IS an interesting piece of information. Was that game being discussed or did he bring up that game?

We were talking about the way the Playoffs lineup would turn out and he brought UNC up himself. I didn't even realize the Tar Heels were doing as well as they are until yesterday.