UNT down to 4 Finalists- No Names Leaked

jtm0097

You can throw the young out of it. I don't want a P5 coordinator who doesn't understand the hardships, perception problems, and culture difficulties (both inside the AD with RV still in control and with our fan base) he is going to face leading this program.

Do you think a P5 coordinator is going to be ready to deal with the MASSIVE dysfunction that is prevalent throughout this program?

I'd much rather see a Thomason, Fritz, or even a FCS head coach that had built his program from the ground up than a P5 coordinator that is going to be absolutely shocked at the lack of standards that he finds inside this AD. 

Those other kind of guys are used to finding and fixing these types of problems. A P5 coordinator isn't.

Not to mention this is the typical reactionary hire I would expect from RV. It will be an OC who runs the spread. Bank it.

And it will fail massively.

I really really hope it is one of the coordinators who've been discussed who have college level head coaching experience in the past, even if it is FCS or DII.  I think this is crucial.

So based on the clues provided, it sounds like an OC (Offensive Coordinator) which would mean it would be at a p5 program...it's not Riley, the Norvell's or Briles. Probably rules out Withers...

Could we narrow it down to Texas or close by Schools?

Texas Tech - Eric Morris

Texas A&M - Spavital

Oklahoma State: Mark Yursich

Houston - Major Applewhite

Meacham and Cumbie TCU

Others? 

On Meacham and Cumbie -- it would seem that Meacham would be the most logical.  He's 50 and probably needs to grab a head coaching job pretty soon... Cumbie could wait for the right one.  I'd be good with either.

Edited by Harry

So based on the clues provided, it sounds like an OC (Offensive Coordinator) which would mean it would be at a p5 program...it's not Riley, the Norvell's or Briles. Probably rules out Withers...

Could we narrow it down to Texas or close by Schools?

Texas Tech - Eric Morris

Texas A&M - Spavital

Oklahoma State: Mark Yursich

Houston - Major Applewhite

Meacham and Cumbie TCU

Others? 

On Meacham and Cumbie -- it would seem that Meacham would be the most logical.  He's 50 and probably needs to grab a head coaching job pretty soon... Cumbie could wait for the right one.  I'd be good with either.

Could Assistant/Associate head coaches be included? This would include Chris Thomsen and Mike Jinks

• Upvote 1

What if, in a strange and unexpected turn of events, RV steps on the podium Monday, and states: "After careful consideration, I have decided to follow in the footsteps of Hayden Fry and coach the University of North Texas' football team while simultaneously performing my duties as Athletic Director"

How much of a kick in the nuts would that be?

• Upvote 5

What if, in a strange and unexpected turn of events, RV steps on the podium Monday, and states: "After careful consideration, I have decided to follow in the footsteps of Hayden Fry and coach the University of North Texas' football team while simultaneously performing my duties as Athletic Director"

How much of a kick in the nuts would that be?

giphy.gif

• Upvote 1

Could Assistant/Associate head coaches be included? This would include Chris Thomsen and Mike Jinks

Thomsen is an oline coach, Jinks is a running backs coach.  The hints seem to indicate a power 5 OC.  So I think that would eliminate them.  Just a guess.