Banner perspective

UNT90

Not sure what you're getting from rubbing it in people's faces. 

Fly the damn banner. Hope we get what most of us want and move on. 

You're perilously close to making this more about you being right than what's best for UNT. 

Look dude. There are a lot of against the banner posts in this forum. I just find it interesting that their opinions were formed after the banner was funded.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I find it VERY interesting that there was just about zero opposition to the banner until it was funded.I think a lot of people thought that no one cared. Guess what. You were wrong. 

And that's simply a fact. Nothing more. 

I kind of chuckle at posters who normally don't post who are now all over the board trying to stop this from happening.

Commitments have been made to people who want this to happen. That isn't taken lightly. 

My question is: where the hell were you when we suffered the worst loss in college football history? 

I was in the stands

• Upvote 3

In the infamous words of Brian Williams, "I was there"

...at least until the 3rd, when my wife's back started hurting and the friends we brought looked really disinterested after I promised them what I thought would be a competitive game...

I wanted to see Smith in the 2nd half, but instead McNulty went back in.  I told them if he went in for another series, we could jet.  Next thing ya know, we're at East Side following the Mac news on Twitter

• Upvote 1

You're perilously close to making this more about you being right than what's best for UNT. 

UNT90 has made it very clear as to why he started this.  its not about himself.  if you think this is wrong, why don't you explain what the best is for UNT?

• Upvote 1

I think this is an overreaction from the people who oppose it. For people opposing it because they think:

A - It will look bad an cause a black eye for the university

B - It will look bad on our program and deter coaches and/or recruits from coming here

C - It's in poor taste

IMO the only one debatable is C. It's not going to hurt our University or look bad on us anymore than having what most perceive as a joke of an athletics program. Most recruits who the new coach will pursue after he gets hired and in future classes honestly probably won't even know it happened. They'll be too busy tomorrow hanging out with friends and watching the games every other non-UNT fan watches on Saturdays: the ones on ESPN, CBS, etc.

Agreed. To me the opposition is analogous to the father who keeps his daughter locked up in the basement because she is knocked up and he can't bear the thought of the neighbors finding out. With the passage of time, the birth will occur, the child is put up for adoption, and Missy comes home from her lengthy "tour of the Continent". The family image is preserved, all the dirt is swept under the rug, and life goes on.

Not my style and not what I was taught at UNT either.

Edited by EagleMBA
add text
  • Upvote 4

My question is: where the hell were you when we suffered the worst loss in college football history? 

I was watching the livestream while in the GMG chat room. I was disgusted and said Mac HAD to go. RV never crossed my mind. This season's failure was ALL on Mac and his nepotism.  

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 1

It's always about him. He takes pride in us losing, because it means he was right.

Not sure what this means. Only slightly less confusing than Harry's signature. 

He was probably posting and driving.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

Here's a couple conversations for people outside the gomeangreen community if they hear about this:

UNT Student A - "Did you hear about the banner that flew over the football stadium on Saturday?"

UNT Student B - "What did it say?"

A - "Fire somebody."

B - "Fire who? I thought they already fired the coach."

A - "The athletic director, I think."

B - "Who is he?"

A - "I'm not really sure. I think he's like, in charge of all of the sports, and helps coach them or something."

B - "Oh. Maybe they should fire him. They suck."

Conversation the following Monday at the water cooler between TCU grad and A&M grad, after they've exhausted talk about their schools but still don't want to start working:

TCU grad - "Did you hear about that banner they flew over the stadium at the UNT game?"

TAMU grad - "No, what did it say."

TCU grad - "It said to fire their athletic director."

TAMU grad - "Oh, really? I thought only fans of schools who cared about athletics did that type of stuff."

TCU grad - "I guess their fans are finally fed up with all that losing."

TAMU - "Yeah, I don't blame them. I think they haven't won a game all year, or something."

I doubt these conversations would ever happen. The first is possible. The other one would never happen. TAMU doesn't give a crap about us unless we are playing them that week. TCU only cares when it affects their program or SMU's. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

It's always about him. He takes pride in us losing, because it means he was right.

He was probably posting and driving.

Truly the dumbest thing you have ever posted.

I would have loved to have been wrong about the 2015 home schedule, or Tony Benford, or the SMU game this year, or Mini Mac not being a FBS QB, or the danger of scheduling a home FCS game every year. I really would have. 

Sadly, it's not real hard to predict failure when you know that there is terrible leadership at the top. 

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 3

I doubt these conversations would ever happen. The first is possible. The other one would never happen. TAMU doesn't give a crap about us unless we are playing them that week. TCU only cares when it affects their program or SMU's. 

I forgot that holds true for every single TCU and Texas A&M fan. And in my scenario the A&M fan isn't aware until it is brought to their attention.

There are plenty of fans of other schools like TCU who are college football junkies and would hear of the story.

• Upvote 2

I think this is an overreaction from the people who oppose it. For people opposing it because they think:

A - It will look bad an cause a black eye for the university

B - It will look bad on our program and deter coaches and/or recruits from coming here

C - It's in poor taste

IMO the only one debatable is C. It's not going to hurt our University or look bad on us anymore than having what most perceive as a joke of an athletics program. Most recruits who the new coach will pursue after he gets hired and in future classes honestly probably won't even know it happened. They'll be too busy tomorrow hanging out with friends and watching the games every other non-UNT fan watches on Saturdays: the ones on ESPN, CBS, etc.

Here's a couple conversations for people outside the gomeangreen community if they hear about this:

UNT Student A - "Did you hear about the banner that flew over the football stadium on Saturday?"

UNT Student B - "What did it say?"

A - "Fire somebody."

B - "Fire who? I thought they already fired the coach."

A - "The athletic director, I think."

B - "Who is he?"

A - "I'm not really sure. I think he's like, in charge of all of the sports, and helps coach them or something."

B - "Oh. Maybe they should fire him. They suck."

This should be copied, printed on a plaque, and hung up at UNT somewhere. This is EXACTLY how students were at NT when I was dragging my ass to class many, many moons ago. It's a shame that attitudes haven't changed all that much. One winning season out of the last TEN will do that........

Edited by Got5onIt