If RV isn't fired...

UNT90

Done. This is the last time I drive 5 hours one way for this crap. The most passive offense I have ever seen and the defense is constantly out of position. This is beyond embarrassing. My donations will go only to my family's scholarship fund and nothing the athletics. 

I fear the halftime presentations of over $3 million with RV out there secured his future here. It is time for wholesale changes and they must happen now!

• Upvote 6

Please don't take it out on the academic side. I have a family member attending UNT that could never afford college without scholarships

This post right here is why the Hattiesburg Hustler should be cleaning out his office tomorrow.

Break out that credit card, RV. You are going to have to buy the 17 a lot of drinks to get them to buy your bullshit tonight.

• Upvote 2

This post right here is why the Hattiesburg Hustler should be cleaning out his office tomorrow.

Break out that credit card, RV. You are going to have to buy the 17 a lot of drinks to get them to buy your bullshit tonight.

Well he will start with how Mac was forced on him by a consultant so you know even though he approved the hire he takes no responsibility in it, he is only a victim of circumstances and really just wants to finish his dream 

Then RV will continue by offering up Mac to buy time.

Well he will start with how Mac was forced on him by a consultant so you know even though he approved the hire he takes no responsibility in it, he is only a victim of circumstances and really just wants to finish his dream 

Then RV will continue by offering up Mac to buy time.

it's a manipulation technique. Always someone else's fault. Always someone else out to get him. He is always the victim. He always seeks sympathy from the big supporters. He always has an excuse of how it was out of his control for the 17. 

Never genuinely accepts responsibility. 

I hope the 17 like their special privledges, because they are being made a fool of by a hustler.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

it's a manipulation technique. Always someone else's fault. Always someone else out to get him. He is always the victim. He always seems sympathy from the big supporters. He always has an excuse of how it was out of his control for the 17. 

Never genuinely accepts responsibility. 

I hope the 17 like their special privledges, because they are being made a fool of by a hustler.

RV's statement alone tonight that "Mac was a good hire" should be enough.  He hired a coach well below .500 who coached us to a record of under .500 while he was here and capped off by a huge buyout and a 59 point loss to a school a lower division than us and he really believes that "Mac was a good hire?"  We are in trouble if he is hiring the next coach.

• Upvote 2

Wow. NT03 showed me this. Dude seriously appears to be showing no feeling of accountability towards the man he was hyping up as his pride and joy hire. It's looking like he really does want to make this next hire. I would be surprised if he steps down.

This will leave a bad taste in  a lot of coaches mouths.  It will definitely effect recruiting if we don't make a change.  

• Upvote 1

Who knows? One THEORY (no facts) might be that RV has been given the date of his own execution and was told to take out Mac before he cleans his own desk. So RV does it this way out of bitterness.

I've witnessed a lot of that Machiavellian bullshit in both the public and private sector; I worked in both.

• Upvote 2

Do we actually think RV is in danger of losing his job? I mean the BOR seems to like him, and I don't think Smastrek has the balls to do it. Will his donors bail if he's gone.

RV will go out on his own terms. There aren't enough hire-ups yelling for his head. Wish we had some former players calling for the AD's head too. 

RV has to go. If he is still employed here when a new coach is hired, I'm out. I said I won't be here if Tony Benford coaches one day after this season ends, barring an NCAA or NIT berth (so pretty much at the end of the season). Well, not knowing we were going to fire Mac in the locker room after the game in front of the team, if RV is even involved in hiring the next football coach, I'm still done, no matter who gets hired. RV has been a disaster as an AD. Tonight was as much on his ridiculous scheduling as it was on Mac.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1