Portland State Predictions

untjim1995

Correct. N. Dakota is what I meant. They aren't NDSU, but the are a VERY strong FCS team.

Plus North Dakota manhandled Wyoming a few weeks ago and beat a few other MWC teams in past years.

FCS Portland State 28

North Texas 14

I watched PSU play Wazzu and they ran a lot of read option, wishbone and misdirection while shredding a Pac 12 defense with it.  Their qb is also very fast and has a similar skillset to Davis from SMU whom UNT had trouble with. I'm not sure if UNT will be able to stop them. 

Edited by Cougar King
  • Downvote 2

Haven't felt this disgusted since George Marshall claimed the lights blurred out the freaking ball! Yes, I dug up a dead horse to kick.. We should just use the rest of this season to get D. Smitty pretty for 2016. But since we wont..

4 Years Guaranteed and a Mule - 38

No Seneca Wallaces - 17 

Attendance.. half watching the game, half waiting for a beer.

GMG.. "sigh.."

PSU     35

UNT     24

I have done a limited amount of research on PSU. They have an experienced and not undersized D. They are pretty damned salty and don't give up a lot of points.

They have a running quarterback and at least two other backs who are capable at toting the rock. Again, O is not undersized.

We will at least match our season-high scoring output but it won't be enough. Heat should not be a factor but if it rains it could be an advantage for PSU. I'm sorry to say this but I see 0 - 5 on the horizon.

Attendance <12,000, only because of homecoming.

Edited by EagleMBA
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

North Texas 35

Portland State 28

Attendance: 17,000 People will show up because it is Homecoming, not as many as usual, but the crowd won't be a total letdown. If we have bad weather, then we could see a sub 10,000 attendance day.

Portland State shouldn't be able to stop Wilson. Harris should make some serious yardage on end-arounds. The TEs should show up big for UNT. McNulty might even throw for over 175 and maybe even a TD. Jarrian Roberts should have a monster game teeing off on the PSU QB.

I believe the Mean Green show some pride on Saturday, and change the conversation for one week. Smith should be playing in this game, but Mac is terrified of losing this one. I'm sure RV has discussed the state of the program after the USM collapse. Both know that if we lose to Portland State many fans will never forgive either of them. Mac wants the offense to find a rhythm. They can't do that if QBs are switching in and out, so McNulty will probably be the only QB to see the field.

Although I believe we will win, it does not change my opinion that our athletic programs need new leadership. North Texas students, alums, fans, and administrators should not be expected to tolerate this.

Edited by Side Show Joe

Portland State Highlights

Thanks for posting these highlight videos, All About. My opinion stands; whomever gave me a -1 is certainly entitled and respected to express theirs.

• Upvote 4

PSU     35

UNT     24

I have done a limited amount of research on PSU. They have an experienced and not undersized D. They are pretty damned salty and don't give up a lot of points.

They have a running quarterback and at least two other backs who are capable at toting the rock. Again, O is not undersized.

We will at least match our season-high scoring output but it won't be enough. Heat should not be a factor but if it rains it could be an advantage for PSU. I'm sorry to say this but I see 0 - 5 on the horizon.

Attendance <12,000, only because of homecoming.

One innovation that came out of the QB selection this year was creation of a utility quarterback Utilizing the talents of Paris Penn along with our starting QB Alex Kuresa, giving us an extra threat 

• Upvote 2