Homecoming Bonfire Likely Cancelled

James329

Man, Homecoming was looking like the greatest ever--great football team, marquee opponent, sold out stadium, huge media coverage...and now that the bonfire is cancelled, the rest of it just doesn't even matter anymore. Its as if we will be 0-4, playing some FCS team nobody has ever heard of from the Pacific Northwest, with an actual crowd that probably won't amount to half of Apogee's capacity, and only Brett Vito will be there to cover it.

We can now add Mother Nature down as yet another entity that is completely apathetic to our situation here...damn global warming.

• Upvote 4

I know you're right...just sometimes when you see a kid hit a few out of the park down in your farm-system you start wondering what he could do when called up to the show.

The old Carlos Peguero/Mike Trout conundrum...

• Upvote 2

The season & off-season have been epic failures. Playing off your Star Wars stuff from the podcast.. Is Jeffery Wilison our only hope? Is he the type of guy that can be a program changer?

Pretty much.  In Fact, I was thinking if we could get a gif of Princess Leia video from R2D2 and change her wording to "Jeffery-Wilson, you are our only hope" it would be pretty funny.

Just looked up on the Denton County Website and the burn ban has been in effect since the beginning of August. Denton has had 3" of rain and we just got rain today about 1/4". I think if they talked to the Denton County Fire Marshal, he would let them do it since this is a controlled fire

Everyone was saying it was raining pretty good today, and I know personally it rained like all hell before the Rice Game had to be near an inch or more. Not sure I understand. 

And you know with the way this season is going it will end up raining all that weekend anyway. 

Best of Luck dragging people out there to do nothing........Ponder High School had a Homecoming Bonfire last weekend with no ticket issued so please tell me how a much more controlled burn situation would be cut down? Surrounded by Concrete?....Check, Next to a body of water?.....Check, Its rained recently?.....Check

Not to mention the fire department would probably gladly supervise if the university really wanted this.

• Upvote 1