McNulty

GreenTexan13

I wanted to think, "hey maybe this will be his year."

It's not looking that way. I can't think of how tonight's performance will be called acceptable enough for him to stay at starter. Meanwhile, Williams got benched for making smaller mistakes or fewer mistakes. He looks as bad today as he did last year, which was about the same as how he looked in 2013. I gotta ask, was he any good out of high school?

If he starts next week...I dunno, man. This was worse than when we had that horrible set of QBs after Scott Hall and before Dodge. At least then, we knew there weren't better options. But now? One good option already left. One good option is waiting at 3rd on the chart.

• Upvote 4

Stares at receivers from the snap, waits for them to be open before wanting to throw because he doesn't trust his arm, not a threat in the running game, boring play calling only done faster, same crap as last year.  Uniforms were sweet!  Put smith in, u know what McNulty is....we can't win.   Don't tell me our offense is tough....it's an embarrassment how simple it is.  I don't want any more lip service of him getting us in and out of bad plays.  This coaching staff is a joke.

• Upvote 4

So who was it arguing with me about McNulty being the best QB based on some mystery practice they showed up to? There's no way, he can barely get the ball out to a 5 yard stop route before the crap SMU corners dang near pick 6'd it.  I think Harris and Jimmy said something Mac didn't like and got suspended a quarter because they know who the best QB is and it's not hard to see. (Oh BTW I'm not normally a conspiracy type guy) that was fun to make up. 

• Upvote 2

Our defense deserves a round of applause. They did a great job.

any thoughts on McNulty? I gave the guy a chance and it's just hard to see him give the offense the tick they need. I'm kind if disappointed in his performance....

Go Mean Green!

Sorry, but AM would likely not start on any 3/4A team in Texas without a family connection even at this point. He is simply not an FBS QB in my book. I'm pissed, because we had several opportunities to put points on the board early if we had only had an FBS QB in there. Thanks a lot Mac. Great job by the defense btw. Without your great effort we would have lost by 50. 

• Upvote 3

So who was it arguing with me about McNulty being the best QB based on some mystery practice they showed up to? There's no way, he can barely get the ball out to a 5 yard stop route before the crap SMU corners dang near pick 6'd it.  I think Harris and Jimmy said something Mac didn't like and got suspended a quarter because they know who the best QB is and it's not hard to see. (Oh BTW I'm not normally a conspiracy type guy) that was fun to make up. 

This exactly this.

• Upvote 2

Anybody that thought that McNulty would have the kind of year that DT did his senior year, can we please put that to rest. I know his dad was tight with Mac but jeeze, does he have compromising pics of Mac with a hooker. What's it gonna take for McNulty get benched. I truly think AM could murder a grad assistant during practice and still remain the starter. 

• Upvote 4

It could be McNulty is the best.  Mac has yet to bring a Division 1 quarterback to Denton in five years.  That's a bigger issue. 

• Upvote 5

Sorry, but AM would likely not start on any 3/4A team in Texas without a family connection even at this point. He is simply not an FBS QB in my book. I'm pissed, because we had several opportunities to put points on the board early if we had only had an FBS QB in there. Thanks a lot Mac. Great job by the defense btw. Without your great effort we would have lost by 50. 

At this point, I would just put Smith out there. I can't respect Mac and Canalas after an offensive performance like that. The fact that we all trust Mac to fix the QB dilemma, and he named a non FBS QB as our starter is insulting.

if I was a Mean Green defender, I would be giving McNulty and the offensive coaches a peice of my mind right now. Our defense kept a sluggish SMU from running up the score... Freaking ridiculous.....

• Upvote 5

the nepotism argument is the dumbest thing the whole lot of you have ever come up with and advanced...and I've read a lot of dumb here. Mac has seemingly gone out of his way for the past three seasons to find someone better.

he's apparently failed at that task...and that in and of itself is near cause enough for his termination. 

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

I hope the guys from Ponyfans are merciless in making fun of us. We deserve it for thinking that UNT can ever be anything other than what it is... We actually thought we could win. we actually thought that there would be improvement. i for one apologize to the SMU fans... I actually believed that this QB would be able to get our Defense of the field for large stretches of the game. I actually thought we wouldn't find a way to lose this game. I still hate all of you but I am sorry... you were right. 

Dramatic, I know. 

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

It could be McNulty is the best.  Mac has yet to bring a Division 1 quarterback to Denton in five years.  That's a bigger issue. 

Or it could be that we don't have the staff to transition high school QBs to being Division 1 QBs. Josh Greer had several D1 offers out of high school. Dajon Williams didn't have his head where it needed to be. Brock Burglund had several D1 offers and was highly recruited out of high school. Same goes with Smith. I'll put my money more on the fact that all of the QBs he's recruited have failed rather than poor recruiting. 

Or it could be that we don't have the staff to transition high school QBs to being Division 1 QBs. Josh Greer had several D1 offers out of high school. Dajon Williams didn't have his head where it needed to be. Brock Burglund had several D1 offers and was highly recruited out of high school. Same goes with Smith. I'll put my money more on the fact that all of the QBs he's recruited have failed rather than poor recruiting. 

Could be. 

Really disappointed...McNulty regressed right back where he started last year.  Poor throw after poor throw.  I really thought things would be better this year.  And then the turnovers in the second half and giving up the big runs to Davis were killer.  We better make the big first game to second game improvement or we may be in for another disappointing season.  Such a shame in front of a big UNT road crowd.

• Upvote 3

Anybody that thought that McNulty would have the kind of year that DT did his senior year, can we please put that to rest. I know his dad was tight with Mac but jeeze, does he have compromising pics of Mac with a hooker. What's it gonna take for McNulty get benched. I truly think AM could murder a grad assistant during practice and still remain the starter. 

Yeah, this hope is dead in the water. He looks like he did when he was backing up Thompson. I feel like the team would've had this as a win but somewhere between McNulty and the coaches, that cost the guys who were actually doing their job a win.

• Upvote 2

I hope the guys from Ponyfans are merciless in making fun of us. We deserve it for thinking that UNT can ever be anything other than what it is... We actually thought we could win. we actually thought that there would be improvement. i for one apologize to the SMU fans... I actually believed that this QB would be able to get our Defense of the field for large stretches of the game. I actually thought we wouldn't find a way to lose this game. I still hate all of you but I am sorry... you were right. 

Dramatic, I know. 

we will never be anything other than what we have been until we get a legit FBS AD to run this program.

The BOR doesn't give a shit, so who knows how long we will suck Pony Ass. 

If basketball is any example (as it should be), their football program will kick our ass for the next 3 years.

thats right. 3 years. The RV lying has drawn all of y'all in.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 6

During McNulty's first four years he's thrown 11 touchdown passes: six were to his own team and five have been to the opposition. What again is Einstein's definition of insanity?

Seriously, last years UT game was a wake-up call of biblical proportions that North Texas doesn't have anybody capable of playing quarterback at the college level. The Mean Green then pitifully limped through the 2014 season, losing in embarrassing fashion to teams that they had destroyed the previous season.

The North Texas coaching staff has had a full year to address the glaring deficiency. How was it fixed? It wasn't.

Yet Greer will likely still be number 2 simply because he is "tall". Utter stupidity IMO. Give the six footers not from Iowa a chance before this season is all over. Deja vu.

• Upvote 4

If Mcnutly had any common sense and truly wanted to win he would tell Mac he doesn't want to be the starter. It's that simple. 

I can back that. As a team captain, he's gotta know when he's not the man for the job at hand and be more than ready and willing to hand it over to someone that is. That's leadership - sometimes you gotta know when it's not your time to lead.

• Upvote 3

I can back that. As a team captain, he's gotta know when he's not the man for the job at hand and be more than ready and willing to hand it over to someone that is. That's leadership - sometimes you gotta know when it's not your time to lead.

Well if we need to have a 21 or 22 year old kid to be the leader and not the  60 year old head coach that gets paid 800K a year to do his job then something is really wrong.

• Upvote 5