Starting QB emerges during North Texas spring drills

Harry

Hard to make throws when you are only allowed to throw the ball when the defense knows it's coming.

Better offensive balance in 2014 would have led to at least 2 more wins (UTSA and Tulane) and very possibly 3. When everyone in the stadium knows what you are going to do on just about every play, that's a problem. It was a huge one in these games.

Almost 70% running on first down. Throw in bubble screens and other routes under 10 yards and you would easily have over 95% of the first down offense in 2014.

That's not balanced and not an effect way to make your offense successful.

All fair points. But those three games weren't DT's best. In fact, two of them were much his worst of 2014 not named Georgia. But it's really a mix of many factors in most losses.

Anyways, I like this thing we've got going. Should we make it Facebook official?

All fair points. But those three games weren't DT's best. In fact, two of them were much his worst of 2014 not named Georgia. But it's really a mix of many factors in most losses.

Anyways, I like this thing we've got going. Should we make it Facebook official?

Already cheating on me. Great.

Not really back to square one after this coming season since D' Smith will have another year of eligibility and I think this kid is good, then Conner Means is in charge and I KNOW Means has really good stuff. I use to watch Cotton Davidson ( The Rifleman) , the first Dallas Texan (AFL) QB play with our own Abner Haynes (Little Abner) and the Cowboys first QB Eddie LaBarron, in the Cotton Bowl. Home of our HOD Championship in 2014. I know QB impact. This QB lineup has the potential quality for the next three years to be effective in conference competition. BUT it takes a whole team O's and D's to make it work. Mac needs solid performence from his OC and DC and ST, At this point I think we have a shot.

Funny that people think McNulty is DT. He isn't.

McNulty wouldn't have performed like DT did in the Ball St game, the HOD bowl, the K St. game, and a several other performances where DT WAS the offense. McNulty simply doesn't have that capability.

If we can't run against 8 or 9 man fronts this year, we won't be successful, if McNulty remains the starting QB, that is.

• Downvote 1