Signs pointing towards Jalie

Harry

That may be true. I wasn't really talking about where the program sits, though. I was talking about where RV sits in his backwash of sucky hires.

Hell he sits on top of the mountain right now, the BOR does not give 2 s**ts and the big time donors still worship RV, so he could not be in a better place right now.

As for the fans, time to suck it up again and just cheer on the teams.

Excited to hire one of our own, for a change.

Exactly. In all honesty, hiring Mitchell would be more of a "safe" hire for RV, for those looking to blast him at every turn. We're going to automatically start off giving her more leeway as a fanbase since she's one of our own and I don't think I've EVER seen us hire one of our own (since late 90s). So, in 19 years of supporting UNT athletics, I can honestly say there has never been a coach that I'll be rooting for more than her if she gets the job. Whether that makes her right for the job, right now, I have no clue. :)

• Upvote 2

I'm fine with Jalie. I'm glad to get one of our alums back as a coach. However, this is another example of RV not hiring a head coach that has had head coach experience. Benford was first. But again, if we're not going to adhere to that commitment, I'd rather hire Jalie than any other non-former head coach in America.

Good luck Coach Mitchell (didn't we have a Coach Mitchell before ?)

GO MEAN GREEN

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I know she went to North Texas, but not a good hire in my opinion. She was out of basketball for a while after graduating here and doesn't have a ton of experience. She is another "recruiter," like Benford which concerns me as well. Not that that in itself is a bad thing, but she doesn't have any experience outside of being an assistant under Ashton. I just don't see a lot based on her resume to get excited about.

Edited by ChristopherRyanWilkes
  • Upvote 3

I know she went to North Texas, but not a good hire in my opinion. She was out of basketball for a while after graduating here and doesn't have a ton of experience. She is another "recruiter," like Benford which concerns me as well. Not that that in itself is a bad thing, but she doesn't have any experience outside of being an assistant under Ashton. I just don't see a lot based on her resume to get excited about.

She coaches post players and is the recruiting coordinator. I believe she has seven years of coaching experience most of which has been under Aston who is probably the best women's coach to pass through NT. The program literally can't get any worse so it's the perfect time for a risky hire as someone said previously.

Does this mean people will actually come watch the team? If all those who have expressed opinions about this hire would actually show up for the games we could see a percentage increase in attendance.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Does this mean people will actually come watch the team? If all those who have expressed opinions about this hire would actually show up for the games we could see a percentage increase in attendance.

You wanna buy my plane ticket? :P

• Upvote 2

There are plenty of people that may not have the time or resources to attend every game that still follow the team and support in other ways and are entitled to an opinion.