Muddy Jakes

Travis Scott

Hope they do well. That location, and its neighbor of formerly incredibly awful BBQ have struggled to succeed. I've always thought maybe it's that they're kinda hidden from casual foot traffic sight.

Fortunately he has good signage on the side of the building and the entrance is right off the street...not tucked back. It will also help with Service Industry bar opens next to it (the old BBQ place)

I wanted to help spread the word about a new sports bar on the Square in Denton. Muddy Jakes (named after the owners dogs) is a sweet place. I went to a soft opening last night and really loved it. Very cold beer with a good selection, good burgers, wings, sandwiches, etc.

The entire restaurant is decked out in Mean Green stuff. That's the whole spirit of the place... to be all about the Mean Green. I know RV donated several jerseys and helmets. From anywhere you sit you can see 3-5 TVs with all different games on. You can buy a tower of beer (100 oz) that has a gravity fed tap for $20.

The owners are really nice and down to earth folks.

The football coaching staff and several players were there and they seemed to really like the place. I could see future radio shows there.

Greg Price (former head football coach at Liberty, now at Verus Real Estate) is a North Texas football letterman, helped bring them here.

It's located just west of the Campus Theatre on Hickory...formally a German restaurant.

It opens Tuesday to the public. I encourage all to frequent this place. The owners are not NT alums but fully embrace the Mean Green Nation and want to promote NT.

Well, now there's a refreshing change from most of the businesses in Denton.......... :rolleyes:

• Upvote 2

Please people go support it! That location has seemed to be cursed and hasn't held a business for more than 16 months for nearly the entire time I've been here.

Hope UNT fans can help. Definitely wouldn't mind a bar-hop after gamedays to this place, East Side, and Oak Street. If I recall correctly the Labb has some North Texas apparel up at their bar too right? I have only been once.

is that a fact??

pitchforks.gif

Some of these posts man get me seriously laughing...

This is a good one but one that also comes directly to mind was after the UT game this past season someone posted the googly eyed dude reading the "stat sheet" of the game. I literally laughed at that for 30 seconds. Some of y'all are spot on with these. Way off topic, just wanted to throw it out there.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1