'15 DL LB TE Josiah Tauaefa

why would he do that when UNT has not even offered Harry??? Fresno State offered him recently as well.

I think we should offer him if we haven't. Rivals is showing him as having a UNT offer but I realize they are often wrong. I've been rewatching his highlights. He could help us.

I think he's definitely worth an offer, but I don't think it's a crime either. If we can land Watson then we'd have a really quality DE duo. As long as Watson and Howard don't have grade issues or commitment issues (on or off the field) then I'd take them both over Tauefa. But he's a CUSA level DE as well.

• Upvote 2

What's there to reconsider? We never offered?

I am saying if we haven't offered him I would like to see the offer. A lot will change here in the next week. It is entirely possible we will offer him if we have not to this point.

I think this kid and his older brother work out at the LA Fitness in Denton. If this is the kid I see at the gym, I am not too impress by his size and It might be pushing it to say he is 6'2 from the eyeball test

That's what they said about Dat Ngyuen, Zach Thomas, Booger and just about every other "too" player out of HS.

The fact is, Larry Coker, the guy that has now beaten us twice with a tin can and a roll of duct tape see's something in him but our guy doesn't. That has me worried.

Rick

That's what they said about Dat Ngyuen, Zach Thomas, Booger and just about every other "too" player out of HS.

The fact is, Larry Coker, the guy that has now beaten us twice with a tin can and a roll of duct tape see's something in him but our guy doesn't. That has me worried.

Rick

Coker offered him @ Fullback.

We don't utilize a FB, so we don't need one.

Lake Dallas is a decent team. Somehow, during reclassification/redistricting, they got put in the worst district ever. The rolled the entire district, and lost in the 1st round of the playoffs to a decent Wichita Falls team. Likewise, I'm sure their players look like men among boys, but when they run up on good competition (re: D1), they'll be exposed.

This isn't James Franklin's LD team.

Rick

UTSA has beaten us head to head, but Coker isnt someone I feel should be considered an expert at this point. UTSA completely choked away a senior heavy team, so bringing them up as a model to follow is a waste. Big time choke job over there.

we criticize Mac a lot, and some of it is warranted, but when he had the talent, vets, and leadership, he produced 9-4. Get UTSA and any other program that hasnt done better outta here.

We don't utilize a FB, so we don't need one

He actually was recruited as a D-lineman. Vito was just assuming/guessing that either he was recruited as a fullback or it would be in their plans to maybe move him there eventually. It may be, but they recruited him as a d-lineman. But we actually do utilize fullbacks too, we just list them as tight ends, like Jarrod Lynn, Drew Miller, and Daniel Prior. But again, if we land Watson I'll be more than happy with our d-end haul.

We don't utilize a FB, so we don't need one.

Lake Dallas is a decent team. Somehow, during reclassification/redistricting, they got put in the worst district ever. The rolled the entire district, and lost in the 1st round of the playoffs to a decent Wichita Falls team. Likewise, I'm sure their players look like men among boys, but when they run up on good competition (re: D1), they'll be exposed.

This isn't James Franklin's LD team.

We don't utilize a fullback? Daniel Pryor, Jerrod Lynn an Cannon Macki would disagree with u.

Rick

• Upvote 1

UTSA has beaten us head to head, but Coker isnt someone I feel should be considered an expert at this point. UTSA completely choked away a senior heavy team, so bringing them up as a model to follow is a waste. Big time choke job over there.

we criticize Mac a lot, and some of it is warranted, but when he had the talent, vets, and leadership, he produced 9-4. Get UTSA and any other program that hasnt done better outta here.

LOL!!! This tells you all you need to know about our fanbase right here.

Hey 13,..... You DO realize Coker was one extremely bad call away from winning TWO National Championships with a team HE put together himself, don't you?.

And despite facing Dodge's talent, Dodge's vets and ALL of Mac's worldly leadership, with a 3 year old football team assembled with zero facilities to recruit to,...still won, right?

Geez,...God help us if this is the level of expectations our future fanbase is gravitating to?

Rick

• Downvote 2

Coker didn't put the team together.. Butch Davis did.. He was just the bus driver watch the U part two documentary him and the team admits he was just there to make sure they got where they were lfoing...

But he wasnt simply coaching the D line either, he was the Head Coach, and he nearly won two of them if not for a horrible call. If your gonna give him an ounce of credit for any of what should have been two NC titles you have to give him everything for what he's done at UTSA and beating DMac twice so far. EVERYTHING! But if not, I understand, because we're North Texas!

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Yeah, uh...Coker was a figure head in that Miami title. It was his first year on the job with all of Davis' players on board. Davis took off to the Browns or Bengals and Coker took over. Next year they won a title under Coker, but Coker just happened to be there. I also agree with how Coker choked away a senior ladened team. He had the oldest team in the country with the most game experience. Granted, they did look good in the early going at Houston and vs Arizona but then the wheels kind of fell off. I'll also say they have been out recruiting us the last couple years, particularly in head to head battles. Not so sure about overall classes these last 2 though.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, uh...Coker was a figure head in that Miami title. It was his first year on the job with all of Davis' players on board. Davis took off to the Browns or Bengals and Coker took over. Next year they won a title under Coker, but Coker just happened to be there. I also agree with how Coker choked away a senior ladened team. He had the oldest team in the country with the most game experience. Granted, they did look good in the early going at Houston and vs Arizona but then the wheels kind of fell off. I'll also say they have been out recruiting us the last couple years, particularly in head to head battles. Not so sure about overall classes these last 2 though.

Coker is a good coach. You don't land that type of jewelry by just lucking into it. I have a lot of respect for what he has accomplished with limited resources there.

.Yeah uh...choked away a senior team and beat DM twice, and DM who had the most senior O line the second time and still lost? LOL!

Tell me,...how many more times does Coker have to beat Danny Mac with a start up program before the North Texas fanbase gives him credit? 2 more times, 3?

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

My bad dudes.

Still... Just because he's from down the road doesn't mean we must have him, and we shouldn't be bent out of shape over not getting him since we are landing Combs & Howard. (never even offered, so our staff must not really think he can help) He may go on to do great things in San Antonio. If so, then we can piss & moan, but for now, chill.

• Upvote 3