'15 DL LB TE Josiah Tauaefa

Josiah Tauaefa

6'2

5A Region I District 6

Junior year he was district defensive MVP

This year First team BOTH offense and defense along with Defense MVP again!!

I work with his uncle, who in a sense raised Josiah, the height and weight are spot on accurate. He actually helped us move into our new house and he would grab boxes and furniture like they were pieces of paper. He is an animal!!!

Talking to his uncle, UNT has not even talked to him whatsoever. As far as I know he has not committed anywhere.

Dan Maccarney talks about recruiting out of the "hot bed" well this young man is 10 minutes (without I35 traffic which doesnt exist) and nothing from UNT.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1366008/highlights/170705375#

• Upvote 2

^^can you blame him??

His brothers also helped us move. We bought 3 large pizzas and they had us packed and moved in less than 4 hours. They destroyed a whole pizza themselves.

Not at all. I met his dad several years ago. Great family

I'll challenge anyone to a Pizza eating contest !!!

Who is Mike Grant. And what is he going to do with the video?? Just curious

Talked to Josiah's uncle and just asked would he be interested in UNT. His response was of course his family could come watch him play all the home games. He has offers from UTEP (where his brothers played), Arkansas State, and UTSA (which is his favorite right now) the reasoning for it being his favorite Larry Coker!

Zero chance the coaches don't know who this kid is, or haven't seen his film at any point in the evaluation process.

I really want to agree with you... but there is a certain aura of obliviousness that is starting to become obvious to me... kid looks better than any other kid a have seen us recruiting at his position besides miller who is a commit. maybe they only wanted one pass rusher this year but i think he should at least have an offer or someone keep up with him. I am not sure that they have in fact seen his film. seems like the kind of kid coach patrick would be all over, same kind of player he was back in the day.

I really want to agree with you... but there is a certain aura of obliviousness that is starting to become obvious to me... kid looks better than any other kid a have seen us recruiting at his position besides miller who is a commit. maybe they only wanted one pass rusher this year but i think he should at least have an offer or someone keep up with him. I am not sure that they have in fact seen his film. seems like the kind of kid coach patrick would be all over, same kind of player he was back in the day.

Lord I hope this is not the case because we were AWFUL on the defensive line. To think only one player would be needed to fix this issue is absurd. Josiah played the 3 technique a lot and when they would go to a 3 man front he would drop back to the Inside Linebacker position.

Lord I hope this is not the case because we were AWFUL on the defensive line. To think only one player would be needed to fix this issue is absurd. Josiah played the 3 technique a lot and when they would go to a 3 man front he would drop back to the Inside Linebacker position.

But if we brought in a guy like this then we wouldn't have that awesome segment about our midget defensive end overcoming diversity to become a DIV 1 starter

When TCU made their move to the Big 12 one of Patterson's first comments was the he wanted to "build a fence" around the area recruits.

Don't think we'll be doing any fence building but at this point I'd like for UNT to at least just throw out a net around Denton county.

Seeing many of the local kids that go without UNT offers is baffling...perhaps none more baffling than Josiah. Kid is an absolute beast on the field...and a great kid to boot.

I know the staff knows more than I do and I trust that they do their due diligence on these area kids, of course. I just don't understand not doing everything you can to lock down DISD and the surrounding districts as best you can when it comes to the kids that are CUSA type recruits. Josiah would be a great place to start!