MGB: Bryce English to announce destination Tuesday

Brett Vito

19 minutes ago, Harry said:

fingers crossed.  On English, theoretically SMU and UNT would be the best option  if proximity to his dad is the key.

The fact there not announcing together leads me to believe they aren't going together. My prediction which is pure speculation. English goes to SMU Kincade to Houston 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

The fact there not announcing together leads me to believe they aren't going together. My prediction which is pure speculation. English goes to SMU Kincade to Houston 

Houston is set at Qb for next year. Hope announcing together they pick the same school! GMG!!

Very interesting prospects here.   English will have to sit a year I assume.   I am more optimistic about our QB situation regardless who we get I think Seth will do a good job of coaching them up and putting them in situations to succeed.  It is a little harder to scheme around and coach up a defensive front lacking size and athleticism.  And our QB won't matter than much if the defense can never get off the field without giving up points.  But who can we attribute this recruiting momentum to?  Is this mostly Seth or the situation English's family situation?  Will he get family medical waiver to allow him to play immediately (if there is such a thing)?  Kincade sounds interesting to.  Would he be the highest rated QB talent we ever land (transfer or high school) since Dodge?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Mike Jackson said:

Very interesting prospects here.   English will have to sit a year I assume.   I am more optimistic about our QB situation regardless who we get I think Seth will do a good job of coaching them up and putting them in situations to succeed.  It is a little harder to scheme around and coach up a defensive front lacking size and athleticism.  And our QB won't matter than much if the defense can never get off the field without giving up points.  But who can we attribute this recruiting momentum to?  Is this mostly Seth or the situation English's family situation?  Will he get family medical waiver to allow him to play immediately (if there is such a thing)?  Kincade sounds interesting to.  Would he be the highest rated QB talent we ever land (transfer or high school) since Dodge?

No. See Kevin Dillman

26 minutes ago, ChristopherRyanWilkes said:

Are they not announcing together? Changed their mind?

I thought I read from article English announcing tomorrow, Kincade would announce later in the week. I may have misread.

21 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

Houston is set at Qb for next year. Hope announcing together they pick the same school! GMG!!

He will sit out next year. He would be coming for the year after. But I completely agree with you I hope they both commit to the Mean Green tomorrow. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, TheReal_jayD said:

I thought I read from article English announcing tomorrow, Kincade would announce later in the week. I may have misread.

He will sit out next year. He would be coming for the year after. But I completely agree with you I hope they both commit to the Mean Green tomorrow. 

He sits out this season.

8 hours ago, Mike Jackson said:

From what I saw he is only listed as an athlete not a QB prospect.  A 3 star athlete but an athlete none-the-less. 

He was listed as strictly a QB prospect by everyone up until Nebraska fired Pelini.

9 hours ago, TheReal_jayD said:

Agreed. Something tells me they wanted to go together at some point, but I wouldn't be surprised if SMU didn't offer Kincade and that's where English wants to go (where his high school coach is).

Edited by BillySee58

I guess English redshirted this year at KState? I couldn't find any stats on him this year. If I were him I would go JUCO unless that hardship waiver is a slam dunk done deal. You only get to play 4 seasons over 5 years. Why waste two redshirting AND transferring? North Texas or  SMU would still be there for him next year. I also can't believe Kincaide isn't considering FCS where he could play immediately and get two seasons in instead of FBS where he will have to sit and then get in only 1 year.

Edited by MeanGreenZen