If SMU is indeed our 6th home game in 2015...

Harry

...and signs are starting to point that way now, I really would like to see the AD and school go all out and have the band and plenty of tents and good accessibility on the Boulevard for our fans. Let's make this a big event.

We shouldn't cut any corners and have plenty of activities that will make it easier for families to attend. I like the idea of a promotion to outdraw the SMU fans in the game or something like that. Let's do a green out and get some cool t-shirts. Let's bus the students and make it easy for them to buy tickets.

If SMU ends up hiring Mac Brown I could see this as a very fun game. Not quite a home game of course but close. Hopefully we can tap into the fans we saw at the bowl game last year in Dallas. Let's make the best of it.

...and signs are starting to point that way now, I really would like to see the AD and school go all out and have the band and plenty of tents and good accessibility on the Boulevard for our fans. Let's make this a big event.

We shouldn't cut any corners and have plenty of activities that will make it easier for families to attend. I like the idea of a promotion to outdraw the SMU fans in the game or something like that. Let's do a green out and get some cool t-shirts. Let's bus the students and make it easy for them to buy tickets.

If SMU ends up hiring Mac Brown I could see this as a very fun game. Not quite a home game of course but close. Hopefully we can tap into the fans we saw at the bowl game last year in Dallas. Let's make the best of it.

Not gonna lie. The title of this thread made me barf. Don't buy into this line of thinking. I do agree with dressing up a turd, though.

Oh, and currently it's the 5th "home game", not the 6th.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

We have plenty on here than can't seem to make the home games that we do have, or the can't be bothered to stay beyond halftime (i.e. 90), but let there only be 5 games at Apogee and all hell breaks loose. SMH

Ever think maybe, just maybe, one begats the other?

But shame on me, eh?

And right now, there are only FOUR games scheduled at Apogee next year.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

I'm sorry, but I don't think so. Especially if RV is, in fact, still working on trying to make that home and home happen soon with Tulsa.

If this thing works out, then RV can sync up the Tulsa away games with the SMU away games. So then we'll have 4 conference away games, 1 money game away, Tulsa away, and SMU away with Army and 4 conference games at home (another 5-game home schedule). Then RV can say "well look how well 2015 worked with SMU essentially being our 6th home game that year too".

• Upvote 1

I'm sorry, but I don't think so. Especially if RV is, in fact, still working on trying to make that home and home happen soon with Tulsa.

First I've heard about a series with Tulsa. They are booked up thru 2017 and already have 2 road OOC games in 2018 ( @Texas & @Texas St) and 2 road OOC games in 2019 ( @ OSU & @ULL). I don't see them having 5 home games so unless something changes the earliest we could see them in Apogee would be 2020

Just skimming thru all the FBS schedules , I think Tulane is about the only realistic option for a OOC DI home next season.

Edited by NT03

If the SMU game is acting as a 'home' game, a ticket should be included with season tickets.

It really isn't even that easy.

If I'm paying for six games, then the SMU tickets need to be club level. I'd be fairly irked if I get charged for a sixth game at club prices and find myself sitting in the Ford Stadium endzone. And honestly, I would have about zero recourse were that to be the case.

But highly doubt that'll be the case. More likely we'll all get charged for 5 games and sold Ford Field endzone tickets at something like $20-30. I'm ok with that as an away game in and of itself, but certainly not as a justification for only 5 games at Apogee every time SMU is an away game.

We didn't build this nice shiny stadium to sit idle except for weekends that F_U decides to grace us with their presence.

RV said on one of the podcasts this season that he was working on a home and home with a P5. Wonder whatever happened to that, if it was ever really occurring.

Next time he is on the podcast maybe Harry and Evan can ask him whatever happened to it.

All I remember him talking about was Tulsa. But yeah, that's what I was referring to with the Tulsa reference. And I was thinking he was thinking of setting it up soon, as in 2017-2020 range.

All I remember him talking about was Tulsa. But yeah, that's what I was referring to with the Tulsa reference. And I was thinking he was thinking of setting it up soon, as in 2017-2020 range.

He said he was working on a 1 and 1 with a P5. He said us entering CUSA cancelled the Tulsa series and that is the reason we are in a scheduling pickle.

And that is COMPLETE bullshit. What the F have you been doing for 2 years, RV?

The comments are easy to find. It's in one of two podcasts RV was on this season.

I'm tired of being lied to by the AD. You told us better teams would be coming after the new stadium was built. You told people buying club seats there would be 6 home games a year.

How about following through on what you say for a change?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

They should promote the train the same way they did (or better) for the HOD Bowl. I took the train the last time we played SMU in their house. Worked really well being dropped off at Mockingbird Station. Easy walk to the stadium.

They should promote the train the same way they did (or better) for the HOD Bowl. I took the train the last time we played SMU in their house. Worked really well being dropped off at Mockingbird Station. Easy walk to the stadium.

Good point and we could have a bar or restaurant to meet at over there as well. Could be a fun day for Mean Green fan.

Which reminds me there used to be a restaurant on Mockingbird on the east side of central that was owned by a huge Mean Green fan. Older guy with dark hair. He would travel

to a lot of the away games with the team. I always thought it ironic that this guy was a UNT fan sitting right smack dab in SMU country. I remember Darrell Dickey and his coaching staff being very close to this gentlemen. Anyone remember who he was?

Harry's scenario is actually what I'm expecting. It's disappointing (considering what RV said, nay promised, several times over the past 2 seasons). If he can wiggle out of Iowa or Tennessee, and replace one with a home game, I will be VERY shocked. If he somehow cannot fill the final spot with a home game, then I'll be upset.