Most Underrated Non-QB

pastorgrant

On defense I really like linebacker Jamal Marshall. He played in 12 games last season and has 17 tackles. I think his speed will make a difference for us this year. He may be one of the fastest linebackers we have ever had play.

When I talked to James Jones at the beginning of fall camp he talked about how impressed he was with the linebackers. I asked who was standing out the most in the LBs and he said Marshall, and that he could be the fastest guy on the defense.

I guess I'll share mine, I say Zac Whitfield. He makes lots of plays. We dont give him enough credit for what he does well because he doesn't catch like a receiver and because he struggled a couple of years ago in coverage. But he is disruptive and is all over the ball. Looking forward to more good play from him in nickel packages.

• Upvote 2

Another vote for Lairamie Lee. I also look for him to be a leader ala Trice.

In on the field action sure. But Laramie isn't a vocal, hype, rah-rah, type guy that Trice is/was. Laramie is very quiet/reserved. He lets his hitting do the talking. I wouldn't expect that to change.