Most Underrated Non-QB

pastorgrant

I'm going to say Darvin Kidsy based on his experience (only a sophomore) and what he has to build on. I know he looked good last season, but I think he has some major potential if we can get him the ball. Tee Goree will be my future pick. I had to focus on offense because to be honest I do not know what we have left on defense...

Edited by Andrew
  • Upvote 6

I'm going to say Darvin Kidsy based on his experience (only a sophomore) and what he has to build on. It know he looked good last season but I think he has some major potential if we can get him the ball. Tee Goree will be my future pick. I had to focus on offense because to be honest I do not know what we have left on defense...

That's my adopted player right there! Big things this year from number 4.

Defense I'd go with Alex Lincoln just ahead of Chad Polk. We don't technically return any starters, but these guys both played a lot last year and were a big reason why we didn't see a dropoff when that second unit on the d-line rotated in. People also forget, Lincoln also started a lot in 2012 as a sophomore when Ryan Boutwell was having trouble with injuries. Aside from essentially being a returning starter in my book, Lincoln just looks like the prototypical 3-technique. About 6'2"/6'3" and 270-275 lbs. Looks like a "1st off the bus" type of guy.

On offense I'd also say Kidsy. McKinney is solid too, and he really looked good last year. He's huge but he plays physical too. As for Kidsy, that's a nice talent to have on a team. One of the more highly recruited Mccarney signees, with offers from schools like Illinois and Utah. Very elusive. Can't wait to see him this year. He's going to be a guy who everyone starts getting out of their seat everytime he touches the ball.

Edited by BillySee58
  • Upvote 1

I am gonna say Calvin Minor. this is way out of left field for most people but i really believe that this kid is going to be a BALLER next year if not this year. He and Sed ellis were plug and play caliber LBs last year as freshmen but if you look at the numbers, minor has been getting more results in the weight room than Ellis. I also think that once Akunne is gone, minor and Ellis will be our starters on the outside. I am not saying he is better than Ellis but he certainly has gotten less hype and I think he will eventually be a great player for us.

• Upvote 1

On offense I will go with Kaydon Kirby. Guy is a really good player for being just a sophomore. He gets overshadowed by some of the other guys.

On defense I really like linebacker Jamal Marshall. He played in 12 games last season and has 17 tackles. I think his speed will make a difference for us this year. He may be one of the fastest linebackers we have ever had play.

Hopefully, there is a team full of underrated players. Excluding all those players that have not played enough to be rated at all, I will go with Kirby. Started his freshmen year and is certainly overshadowed by the three senior offensive linemen who have started since their freshmen year.s

This dude was so solid last year that we didn't EVER notice him... that is a hell of an offensive lineman that we have there... hopefully he starts to turn the scouts heads pretty soon

I'll go with Greer. I like his arm strength, and also think that his movement and overall footwork may be a little underrated. He could very well prove to be a pleasant surprise downfield with our excellent OL protecting him in the pocket. Of course he will actually need to see the field for any of this to have a chance of happening. My sincere apologies for cheating on the non-QB theme of the thread.

Edited by foutsrouts
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

I'll go with Greer. I like his arm strength, and also think that his movement and overall footwork may be underrated. He could very well prove to be a pleasant surprise downfield with our excellent OL protecting him in the pocket. Of course he will actually need to see the field for any of this to have a chance of happening.

I think it is safe to say you just pulled a Travis.

Just let your SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUULLL GLOW!

Edited by Travis
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I'll be able to answer this question a lot better once I've seen them play. Right now I just don't know.

But I'll go ahead and throw a shout out to my new adopted player, Tillman Johnson. He wasn't a tremendously highly sought-after recruit, but I really look for big things from him.

I'm hearing he will not only play, he could make a major impact.