Bowl Tie-In Contracts

This is what I found starting in 2014

Bahamas Bowl: A C-USA team will play a Mid American Conference team in 2015, a member of the American Athletic Conference in 2018 and a Sun Belt Conference team in 2019.

Beef O Brady's Bowl: A C-USA team will play an American Athletic Conference team annually until 2019.

Boca Raton Bowl: A C-USA team will play a MAC team in 2014, and play an American Athletic Conference team if selected for later bowl games. C-USA will play in at least four Boca Raton Bowls.

New Mexico Bowl: A C-USA team will play a Mountain West team annually in the Heisenbowl.

Heart of Dallas Bowl: A C-USA team will play an opponent from the Big Ten or Big 12 annually.

Miami Beach Bowl: A C-USA team will play against an AAC team in 2014 and 2015.

New Orleans Bowl: A C-USA team will be selected to play in three of the next six years.

Hawaii Bowl: A C-USA team will play a MWC team in 2014, 2016 and 2018.

Advocare V100 Bowl: A C-USA team will only go to Shreveport if the ACC or SEC (hahaha, good one) does not produce enough bowl eligible teams.

• Upvote 5

Sorry to lose the Ft. Worth Bowl.

I thought this was never a CUSA bowl to begin with. Last year CUSA traded with the MWC in order to get UNLV to play in the HOD bowl since there weren't enough B10 teams. I think SMU played in the Armed Forces bowl once when it was played at SMU a couple years (since TCU's stadium was under construction) ago but I don't recall the circumstances to that situation.

• Upvote 1

This is what I found starting in 2014

Bahamas Bowl: A C-USA team will play a Mid American Conference team in 2015, a member of the American Athletic Conference in 2018 and a Sun Belt Conference team in 2019.

Beef O Brady's Bowl: A C-USA team will play an American Athletic Conference team annually until 2019.

Boca Raton Bowl: A C-USA team will play a MAC team in 2014, and play an American Athletic Conference team if selected for later bowl games. C-USA will play in at least four Boca Raton Bowls.

New Mexico Bowl: A C-USA team will play a Mountain West team annually in the Heisenbowl.

Heart of Dallas Bowl: A C-USA team will play an opponent from the Big Ten or Big 12 annually.

Miami Beach Bowl: A C-USA team will play against an AAC team in 2014 and 2015.

New Orleans Bowl: A C-USA team will be selected to play in three of the next six years.

Hawaii Bowl: A C-USA team will play a MWC team in 2014, 2016 and 2018.

Advocare V100 Bowl: A C-USA team will only go to Shreveport if the ACC or SEC (hahaha, good one) does not produce enough bowl eligible teams.

Very good bowl lineup, IMO.

Thanks, EP Eagle:

So, we have:

Annual

New Mexico

Heart of Dallas

Until 2019

Beef O'Brady's

2015, 2018, 2019

Bahamas

2014 and four other random years

Boca Raton

2014 and 2015

Miami Beach

2014, 2016, and 2018

Hawaii

Three times in the next six years

New Orleans

When the moon is in the seventh house, and Jupiter aligns with Mars...

Advocare V100 (Independence Bowl)

• Upvote 2

I think it is the other way around. B10 and B12 alternate.

That would be great, if it is true. I just know in the past, the Big Ten has sent a team every year, until last year, and that was only because they didn't have anyone left that was bowl-eligible. Northwestern, Penn State, Purdue, and then UNLV filled in since Penn State was on probation. But if CUSA got a bowl game every year against a Big Ten/Big 12 team, they should definitely send their champ here.

That would be great, if it is true. I just know in the past, the Big Ten has sent a team every year, until last year, and that was only because they didn't have anyone left that was bowl-eligible.

Heart of Dallas Bowl was started as the Dallas Football Classic and the initial four year agreement was for the B10 to play a B12/CUSA team in alternating years.

The new bowl contract is a six year agreement. The permanent team conference is CUSA, and the B12/B10 alternate.

• Upvote 2

Heart of Dallas Bowl was started as the Dallas Football Classic and the initial four year agreement was for the B10 to play a B12/CUSA team in alternating years.

The new bowl contract is a six year agreement. The permanent team conference is CUSA, and the B12/B10 alternate.

Thanks--that is awesome news!!!

Could you imagine a UNT/UT match up in this game?

Would UT simply stay home before agreeing to that matchup?

Funny

That would be great!

I'd imagine the HOD Bowl would be a middle to low tier game for the Big 12, so it would def be a good time to play them as they would be in a down year. Not sure if they'd accept though.

• Upvote 1