No Coaches Caravan in Fort Worth?

817Fan

Turnout in FT. Worth has always been dismal. If folks in FT. Worth had turned out in numbers of any kind there may well still be a Caravan stop in FT. Worth. Went to two in FT. Worth....terrible turnout. I'd be willing to bet that the Gainesville turnout beats any I saw in FT. Worth.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

The Plano event has always been very well attended the times I went. There were easily several hundred people.

Mr. Case puts on a hell of a greeting...complimentary food and brew...shiattttt...I'm in!

• Upvote 2

Turnout in FT. Worth has always been dismal. If folks in FT. Worth had turned out in numbers of any kind there may well still be a Caravan stop in FT. Worth. Went to two in FT. Worth....terrible turnout. I'd be willing to bet that the Gainesville turnout beats any I saw in FT. Worth.

I will go one step further and say that Gainesville people, and surrounding areas, are huge high school football fans and are great candidates to get hooked on D1 football. The 30 mile drive South on 35 is a breeze.
  • Upvote 2

So you're going to abandon the western half of the metroplex to cater to Gainsville. Outstanding.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

So you're going to abandon the western half of the metroplex to cater to Gainsville. Outstanding.

I doubt contracts are being signed. If they end up missing FW, they'll come back.

I do get the sense, not just from this move but in general, that they are much more interested in Dallas than FW.

• Upvote 1

Hmmmmmm...as far as the Caravan goes, it was FT Worth that abandoned the Mean Green...not the other way around. Did you by any chance attend any of the FT Worth events? I did...dismal turnout....and that is being generous.

Why not reach out to a new area and see what gives? Have tried Ft. Worth numerous times with no success...time to try something new. And, FT. Worth folks are free to attend any event they wish.....all who attended the Ft Worth event in the last couple of years, should they show up at the same Caravan stop would certainly not over tax the capacity.

I often attend multiple Caravan events, and agree with those who say the Plano event hosted by Jordan Case and his auto dealerships is the best attended event year end and year out.

I see no reason t o keep wasting time, energy and funds going to places that have demonstrated their lack of interest in such events. But, yes, now that the bandwagon is rolling perhaps more will jump on...hope so...all welcome.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

Hmmmmmm...as far as the Caravan goes, it was FT Worth that abandoned the Mean Green...not the other way around. Did you by any chance attend any of the FT Worth events? I did...dismal turnout....and that is being generous.

Why not reach out to a new area and see what gives? Have tried Ft. Worth numerous times with no success...time to try something new. And, FT. Worth folks are free to attend any event they wish.....all who attended the Ft Worth event in the last couple of years, should they show up at the same Caravan stop would certainly not over tax the capacity.

I often attend multiple Caravan events, and agree with those who say the Plano event hosted by Jordan Case and his auto dealerships is the best attended event year end and year out.

I see no reason t o keep wasting time, energy and funds going to places that have demonstrated their lack of interest in such events. But, yes, now that the bandwagon is rolling perhaps more will jump on...hope so...all welcome.

To answer your question, yes all three events. There was nothing dismal about any of them. In fact at the last event I brought two tables of friends. If the expectation is 300 plus, clearly other efforts need to be made to inform the masses west of 35E. Half the friends I brought knew nothing of the event.

I won't complain for the sake of complaining so if it's NCAA compliant, why not invite coaches & recruits? Trinity, L.D. Bell, Aledo, Martin etc. I'm sure we're targeting kids on the Clear Fork.

However if you continue to think that Gainseville & Mexia are more fertile grounds to grow alumni support, your just being an ass.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

I'm glad the athletics department has decided that if something isn't working after a couple of years and there doesn't seem to be any indication it's going to improve on its own, you write it off as a failure, give up, and move in another direction.

Wait, this isn't the basketball forum? Damn.

I seriously doubt they are abandoning Ft Worth but have you been to one in Ft. Worth? If so.... about how many people showed?

I went to the one in Fort Worth in 2012. Seem to recall it was fairly well attended, but my memory isn't always the best.

No big deal hitting other markets.

I'm glad the athletics department has decided that if something isn't working after a couple of years and there doesn't seem to be any indication it's going to improve on its own, you write it off as a failure, give up, and move in another direction.

Wait, this isn't the basketball forum? Damn.

Haven't you heard? It's was the coaches' fault.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

I went to the one in Fort Worth in 2012. Seem to recall it was fairly well attended, but my memory isn't always the best.

No big deal hitting other markets.

Mike...I was there as well....and I went to the Dallas, Denton and Plano events as well....all were better attended than the Ft Worth event. Don't misunderstand...I am not advocating abandoning Ft Worth. But, I see no reason to keep hitting ones head against a wall when history has shown that turnout is sparse as best in FT Worth the last few years.

Who knows what the future holds...hopefully, FT Worth will be back on the agenda.

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 2

I'm way the hell out here so I haven't been to any, but...is there any way to do a scaled-down version? Then you don't spend as much, and if there's a good turnout, you spin it as, "Hey, we'll have to plan bigger next year, so glad to see so many of you!"

Or maybe they all go to Plano for the Jordan Case one. I watched the Alumni/Varsity game Drex sent me and damn, years later Jordan still looked like he had more game than anybody else on the field (except for possibly Iseed Khoury).

• Upvote 1