Does #HIT6 need to stay or go in 2014?

Harry

I think it should stay Hit6.

a) because this team is not chock full of senior leadership, and the young players should be reminded that you have to work hard to become bowl eligible, before you can go on to other goals. Success does not come for free.

b ) because the people who talk about greater expectations seem to be forgetting how much this team loses due to graduation. Too great expectations in that situation may be counterproductive. I totally expect UNT to challenge for (and win) the division title in 2015, but 2014 looks like rebuilding. Going bowling while rebuilding is nice enough for me (and is it not crazy that that is the expectation after where UNT comes from).

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 3

I believe it was Wintrich who came up with the "Hit 6" slogan, so I'll trust that he already has something to motivate this year's team, and we just haven't heard it yet. When did we first hear "Hit 6"? I don't think it was until the season began. But it was in use since before Spring Practice 2013.

I don't get what the problem is with this. They are setting a goal to get to threshold, not setting the expectation that they will get to six wins and stop. Once you achieve your goal, you set a new one. Six wins is an realistic goal for the season and once they get there, they can move on to the next goal which should also be set at an achievable level given the circumstances of the season at that point.

This. Plus it was a lot of fun for fans. People were posting about it on social media. Once we #Hit6, it became #Hit7, Hit#8, and so on. We found something that engages the fanbase. I don't see the problem.

If you go 6-6 and lose the CUSA championship, you are 6-7 and not going bowling. (I would assume so at least.)

Somebody (GA Tech?) went 6-7 and got a waiver last year to go to a bowl since their regular season was still .500.

If the team is motivated to break the 6 win mark ASAP, then keep it. You can make it 8 or 9 if you want but generally keep the concept around.

#HitSomebody

#HitItAndQuitIt

I see it popping up here and again and thought it worked great last season. Not sure about using it again. Thoughts?

How about 7 to 11 or 7 come 11? Something along those lines with the goal being at least 7 wins.