A&M transfer linebacker Jordan Richmond listed on UNT roster

Harry

So why was Darius Carey kicked off of the team?

Looks like they want to give Richmond a second chance. Carey was evidently given many, many chances before they parted ways. Plus that was when Mac was desperately trying to turn around a squad and culture full of Dodge's players. Now most are Mac's - and he's changed the culture for the better. I have no problem with this.

I wonder why they update the roster for selected players and not others. Clayton for example was on the side lines all last year and still doesn't appear on the roster. Others like Kottman, Adams and others are working out but not including on the roster. I wonder if Rice and Richmond are already on scholarships.

I wonder why they update the roster for selected players and not others. Clayton for example was on the side lines all last year and still doesn't appear on the roster. Others like Kottman, Adams and others are working out but not including on the roster. I wonder if Rice and Richmond are already on scholarships.

Kottman is on there : http://www.meangreensports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/dan_kottman_885348.html

Davis , Richmond & Wallace could be putting the hurtin on people come 2015. That's a fantastic LB trio

Davis? Brandon Davis? http://www.meangreensports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/brandon_davis_847239.html

Also noted that Vito confirmed that Bean the Buffalo transfer would be joining the UNT linebacker corps as well.

Davis? Brandon Davis? http://www.meangreensports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/brandon_davis_847239.html

Also noted that Vito confirmed that Bean the Buffalo transfer would be joining the UNT linebacker corps as well.

Oops, I meant Scott

Everytime I say Fred, Fred Davis pops in my mind ( Redskin TE)

Edited by NT03
  • Upvote 1

Remember that as we continue to see a level of high profile incoming transfers that it is a sign that we are considered a legitimate destination that still provides a chance to pursue their dream of eventually playing in the NFL.

The perception is slowly changing. Now we are considered a viable transfer spot for former high profile players. As they have success on the field it shows others that they too can have success here. That helps both with recruiting and national perception.

• Upvote 4

Remember that as we continue to see a level of high profile incoming transfers that it is a sign that we are considered a legitimate destination that still provides a chance to pursue their dream of eventually playing in the NFL.

The perception is slowly changing. Now we are considered a viable transfer spot for former high profile players. As they have success on the field it shows others that they too can have success here. That helps both with recruiting and national perception.

Agreed. I have been thinking about this as well. We are a long way from being a first stop for 4 star athletes who have the offers from UT and A&M. But we have raised our profile, through a commitment to facilities, conference affiliation, coaching and of course most recently with winning. Marcus Trice and his fantastic experience at UNT after transferring from OU is a big big development that you can sell. Darius Terrell sticks out to me as the first UT caliber transfer that we landed in a long long time. Now you have Richmond coming from A$M. I think the missing piece that we need to add to this formula is more NFL players. When we can sell that you have a good shot to get to the NFL it will increase our transfer quality even more.

I like the McCarney model. You focus on the DFW and Texas high schools, you welcome quality transfers, you sprinkle in a juco here and there for a need area. You build an outstanding walk-on program that generates real scholarships (not lip service). You offer a reasonable tuition and cost for going to school closer to home for those who are in transition (injuries, homesick, family issues) and want to earn a scholarship on the field of play. You offer them great facilities, a good education and a great/stable coaching staff led by Mac who plans on retiring here.