Don't look now, LSU & JJ just beat Texas Tech!

UNTMike81

Not in Lubbock.

Edit: but the win in the Super Pit was an awesome experience and one of the more memorable games I've seen there.

Arguably the best NT sporting event I've ever been in the stands for. Flying back for that game was one of the best decisions I ever made.

Arguably the best NT sporting event I've ever been in the stands for. Flying back for that game was one of the best decisions I ever made.

Damn, those were fun times. By the way, the LSU wins over Butler and St. Joes may be more interesting to me than tech. Edited by MeanMag

Damn, those were fun times. By the way, the LSU wins over Butler and St. Joes may be more interesting to me than tech.

Yeah, I am not sure if Butler is gonna be Butler now that Stevens is gone (though at 8-2, the answer is - probably). But it's a much better "name" than Texas Tech in basketball, certainly.

Edited by CMJ

Watch it. Mentioning JJ (and reminding some that you should be careful what you wish for) is frowned upon around here.

I love JJ as much as anyone, but it did get to be a bit much with all the threads last season.

I still pull hard for LSU though. I honestly think they could challenge for the SEC with the way Kentucky is struggling (however, Mizzou looks pretty damn strong). That would be huge for JJ and basically prove all the naysayers he had wrong.

Miss games like this (minus the MF Eagles by the student section):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qSLpDL1duU&list=PLDEC61CB39CA30D81&index=1

Look how many people were there for a Sun Belt Conference game. We had finally gotten to a point to where we were getting 4 or 5 thousand in there on a regular basis and now look at us. Probably will struggle to get to 1,500 the rest of the year.

• Upvote 1

LSU should finish middle of the SEC pack this year. Not my prediction...what several LSU guys I know are saying. They like JJ a good bit right now think he is doing OK, but a tad under expectations in year two...but said he has at a min. 4-5 years to get the program competing for the title again. If not...well, the Tiger fans could get restless. Again...from the mouths of three LSU fans just after the LSU win over TX Tech.

As poor as LSU was doing before JJ got these, I think he should given at least 4-5 years to have any chance of competing in the SEC. Seems to me he has already made progress toward that goal. But, I don't follow LSU. More of a Big XII guy...gee, I wonder why.

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1