Please wear GREEN at the Bowl Game

greenjoe

I think it's important that North Texas fans wear green January 1. Not black, not white, not grey, but green. Let the bowl officials this year know who is who. And for that matter, let bowl officials for future bowls know how well the Mean Green travel. On television, or from across the field, no one can read who's team you're supporting. Wear GREEN so there's no question.

Beat UNLV

GO MEAN GREEN

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 2

I think it's important that North Texas fans wear green January 1. Not black, not white, not grey, but green. Let the bowl officials this year know who is who. And for that matter, let bowl officials for future bowls know how well the Mean Green travel. On television, or from across the field, no one can read who's team you're supporting. Wear GREEN so there's no question.

Beat UNLV

GO MEAN GREEN

The importance of this cannot be overstated. It may in fact be more important, all things considered, than the final score.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

My biggest concern is if its cold/if we're in the shade. Most of our fans don't own a kelly green jacket (UNT specific ones aren't really for sale). There's a huge difference in the look of our crowd for warm weather games vs. cold (such as UTSA)

Edited by MDH
  • Upvote 1

I wonder if one of the clubs would be interested in selling something like this at game?

http://www.amazon.com/Very-Cheap-Disposable-Safety-Vests/dp/B000NG95A2/ref=sr_1_17?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1387126400&sr=1-17

Lime is not a color. It's a fruit. It has never been an NT color. Closest was Flying worm years when it was apple green.

• Downvote 2

I will be wearing Mean Green gear most every day until New Years Day...then I'll wear green on that day, too. Not that difficult a thing to do for most of us on this forum.

GMG!

PS: Had 3 already today see my Mean Green T shirt which I wear over my black long sleeved sweat shirt show me a thumbs up and 1 upbeat and positive comment about our bowl game as well over at Walmart.

Told one Walmart employee whose daughter is a UNT frosh how I'd bet she would like an early Christmas gift of 1 or 2 "$25" tickets for the HOD Bowl game. He said he might need one of those for himself. He had no idea our bowl game was at the Cotton Bowl stadium and was duly impressed.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Downvote 1

The very cold weather possibility poses a challenge.

Perhaps a "way too big 'T' shirt" over a parka.

Just as long as the color exposed to the world and bowl officials is green.

An interesting observation earlier, "the importance of this cannot be overstated."

Wear GREEN

Beat UNLV

GO MEAR GREEN

The very cold weather possibility poses a challenge.

Perhaps a "way too big 'T' shirt" over a parka.

Just as long as the color exposed to the world and bowl officials is green.

An interesting observation earlier, "the importance of this cannot be overstated."

Wear GREEN

Beat UNLV

GO MEAR GREEN

:thumbsu:

Heck, what is the forecast for New Years Day anyway?

I spoke to a TxDOT employee the other day who said this last ice spell was our all time worst for ice buildup. I told him we'd had several of these over the decades but he responded to that with this: "Usually, its just 1 or 2 inches of ice on our interstates but last week we had an unprecended "4" inches of ice covering most of our DFW area interstates" (He had worked for TxDOT for over 40 years, too).

GMG!

PS: Darn shame those who were responsible for the Cotton Bowl re-do didn't get their wish (or funding) for a sliding roof.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Unfortunately the Finish Line has sold out of the green North Texas hoodies, but they still have these on sale for $19.99 each or Two for $35.00 and they offer Free Shipping in time for Christmas.

xlfash4ntxblk.jpg

Men's North Texas Mean Green College Icon Hoodie

This College Hoodie helps you stay warm and comfortable even on the coldest game days, while also putting your favorite team name front and center.

This super-soft hoodie features team details embroidered on the front, making it ideal for casual-wear all year long. An adjustable hood with drawstring enables you to warm up even more as the temperature drops, while the kangaroo front pocket is perfect for icy hands and storing your stuff.

Focus your energy on cheering your team to victory, not on shivering, in this cozy hoodie.

FEATURES:

• MATERIAL: 70% cotton and 30% polyester
  • FIT: Classic
  • CARE: Machine wash
  • IMPORTED

Buy them here: http://www.finishline.com/store/product/mens-north-texas-mean-green-college-icon-hoodie/_/A-29080?productId=prod733266

That looks black. From across the Cotton Bowl or on television, people won't know who'you're cheering for.

True.

I too need to buy additional fan attire for guests and would strongly prefer green. If anyone knows of any equal or better deals please let us know.

These were the two best green fan options that I'm aware of in the less than $20 price range but unfortunately Finish Line is alseady sold out of both.

xlpoly4ntxtmc.jpg

xlicon2ntxgrn.jpg