Paying Nichols St for 2nd home OOC next year

greenit

Some here think we can take Michigan in the HOD Bowl...so why not continue that optimism and hope to topple Texas?

Texas was down this year; how much turnover are they facing in their roster?

I'm optimistic as well against Texas, but I suspect a lot of that will depend on our unknown QB play. I think we'll need to score a few more points on the offensive side against good teams next season to be successful.

They lost 70-7 to Louisiana Lafayette. They're a tune-up game. I dig these buy games, it's what all the big programs do, a good way to pad your schedule.

I'm very optimistic about Texas.

Absolutely agree. I hope we have the backups playing the entire 4th quarter.

As for Texas, I want to be the straw that breaks the camel's back and get Mack Brown to "retire" after we beat them.

Absolutely agree. I hope we have the backups playing the entire 4th quarter.

As for Texas, I want to be the straw that breaks the camel's back and get Mack Brown to "retire" after we beat them.

Yup, same here to both accounts. I think we have a good chance. UT normally craps the bed early. Look how far we've come, good lord.

Also, yeah, tune up bodybag teams? I'm all for it. What the big schools do, and I firmly think Mac has given us a solid foundation for that. Tune up games. Gotta love the sound of that.

Also, UNT90...so what do you say now? 6 home games appears to be true.

• Upvote 3

Yup, same here to both accounts. I think we have a good chance. UT normally craps the bed early. Look how far we've come, good lord.

Also, yeah, tune up bodybag teams? I'm all for it. What the big schools do, and I firmly think Mac has given us a solid foundation for that. Tune up games. Gotta love the sound of that.

Also, UNT90...so what do you say now? 6 home games appears to be true.

UNT90's complaint has always been about 2015.
  • Upvote 1

I'm all for this. After this season, we lose to graduation:

DE - Aaron Bellazin
DT - Richard Abbe
DT - Ryan Boutwell

DE - Brandon McCoy

FS - Marcus Trice

OLB - Will Wright
MLB - Zach Orr

RT - LaChris Anyiam

TE - Drew Miller

WR - Darnell Smith

WR - Brelan Chancellor
H-Back/TE - Daniel Prior

QB - Derek Thompson

RB - Brandin Byrd

Will be happy to have the third game of the season be a chance for the new starters to gel a little more before beginning the C-USA schedule. Six of the front seven on defense will be new. And, the offense loses the trio of fellows who have assaulted the UNT record books in Chancellor, Thompson,and Bryd.

So, yes...give me Nichols State. And, if we can afford it, do what Kansas State and Texas Tech often did - schedule two FCS schools, if possible for next season only!

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch
  • Upvote 2

DE - Aaron Bellazin

DT - Richard Abbe

DT - Ryan Boutwell

DE - Brandon McCoy

FS - Marcus Trice

OLB - Will Wright

MLB - Zach Orr

RT - LaChris Anyiam

TE - Drew Miller

WR - Darnell Smith

WR - Brelan Chancellor

H-Back/TE - Daniel Prior

QB - Derek Thompson

RB - Brandin Byrd

Will be happy to have the third game of the season be a chance for the new starters to gel a little more before beginning the C-USA schedule. Six of the front seven on defense will be new. And, the offense loses the trio of fellows who have assaulted the UNT record books in Chancellor, Thompson,and Bryd.

So, yes...give me Nichols State. And, if we can afford it, do what Kansas State and Texas Tech often did - schedule two FCS schools, if possible for next season only!

Absolutely. We have a very legitimate shot at making another run at the conference title with Rice graduating a lot of seniors, Soza graduating from UTSA, and trading Tulane and Tulsa for UAB and Southern Miss. Should be a wide open division.

A little late for scheduling a second FCS team though. Our non-conference slate is filled up.

DE - Aaron Bellazin

DT - Richard Abbe

DT - Ryan Boutwell

DE - Brandon McCoy

FS - Marcus Trice

OLB - Will Wright

MLB - Zach Orr

RT - LaChris Anyiam

TE - Drew Miller

WR - Darnell Smith

WR - Brelan Chancellor

H-Back/TE - Daniel Prior

QB - Derek Thompson

RB - Brandin Byrd

All of those guys will be tough to lose, but I have to say that for many of them I didn't realize before this year how special they were. I fully expect to say the same thing at the end of next year.

(Also, it helps a lot that our front four are on an 8 man rotation, won't be greenhorns replacing them)

DE - Quenton Brown
DT - Alex Lincoln
DT - Sir Calvin Wallace
DE - Daryl Mason
FS - Zed Evans
OLB - Sed Ellis
MLB - Fred Scott/Aaron Wallace

RT - Ryan Rentfro
TE - Wyile Rheinhardt
WR - Darius Terrell
WR - Darvin Kidsey
H-Back/TE - Marcus Smith