Idaho (11/22/13)

CMJ

The way this team is playing now, it's going to very difficult for to get to double digits in the win column by season's end. If I had to predict, I'd say there's a legitimate chance this team does not win a conference game. Yes, it's that bad. Columbia was picked either last or near last place in most preseason Ivy League polls. Idaho is playing in watered down WAC. Tony Benford has managed to take a program that was on the cusp of top 25 status and turn it into a cellar dweller seemingly overnight. Nothing has taken place to suggest there'll be much improvement either as the season goes on.

I wish this coach no ill. In fact I wish him well and hope that he enjoys a successful career in whatever profession or endeavor his life takes him. That endeavor and that direction is not and can never be as head coach of the North Texas Men's Basketball program. This debacle must be corrected and it must be corrected now. I don't know if the AD has the authority to fix this but I do know that every day the AD does nothing places the AD himself one step closer to the exit door. North Texas would be better off with an interim head coach for the remainder of the season. At the very least that would indicate that we have an administration that understands the importance of demonstrating concern for the student-athletes, current/past/future students, and general public perception of the university.
It will be interesting to see how this situation plays out with the new president.
It seems to be the perfect opportunity for him to demonstrate where he stands on the importance of perpetuating successful athletic programs.

• Upvote 2

I wish this coach no ill. In fact I wish him well and hope that he enjoys a successful career in whatever profession or endeavor his life takes him. That endeavor and that direction is not and can never be as head coach of the North Texas Men's Basketball program. This debacle must be corrected and it must be corrected now. I don't know if the AD has the authority to fix this but I do know that every day the AD does nothing places the AD himself one step closer to the exit door. North Texas would be better off with an interim head coach for the remainder of the season. At the very least that would indicate that we have an administration that understands the importance of demonstrating concern for the student-athletes, current/past/future students, and general public perception of the university.

It will be interesting to see how this situation plays out with the new president.

It seems to be the perfect opportunity for him to demonstrate where he stands on the importance of perpetuating successful athletic programs.

Totally agree, except that the new president is not here yet and really has to wait 21 days even doing things unofficially, before the board approves him... and this can't wait that long. So this is on the current people.

Those who still continue to back Benford...are just like those who continued to back Dodge. I hope our soon-to-be new President fires RV if he doesn't address this situation soon. Honestly, I love RV's passion and have no doubt he works his tail off...but let's be realistic, he doesn't have the best track record when it comes to hiring quality head coaches. What happened to hiring a head coach with previous proven experience? That really bothers me...the fact that he didn't stick to his word on that.

Edited by bleedgreen4ever