And the 2 weeks of UTSA Smack/Food talk continues

Harry

Lately I been, I been losing sleep

Dreaming about the things that we could be

But baby, I been, I been prayin' hard

Said no more counting dollars

We'll be counting stars

Yeah, we'll be counting stars

Good song, good band. I got the chance to see them at House of Blues when they first came on the scene. I was very impressed by their actual music ability. Several guys play multiple instruments and the lead singer actually writes many good songs performed by other artists.

• Upvote 1

That's just not a fair comparison. Downright dirty pool. I mean, how can you even try to compete with Chico's Tacos? (No, seriously, El Paso has the best Mexican food in the country, bar none)

I actually can't stand Chico's. The Riveria is my favorite restaurant in EP. It's so good.

On another note, I read the UTSA website. What a bunch of delusional wankers. Apparently spelling nor comprehension of the English language are requirements for their degree plans.

I actually can't stand Chico's. The Riveria is my favorite restaurant in EP. It's so good.

On another note, I read the UTSA website. What a bunch of delusional wankers. Apparently spelling nor comprehension of the English language are requirements for their degree plans.

Only people who grew up and had their first alcoholic beverages in El Paso can stand Chico's Tacos. That was an intentional joke. But otherwise, I can't really even name the places I used to eat at, because it hardly mattered. Anywhere I stopped, and I was in El Paso A LOT, the food was always fantastic. Always.

I agree, we should appreciate that the level of competition has reached the point that we have trash talking going on. However, what makes UNT special is that we have our own identity. True, this part of our DNA has made it difficult to build up our fanbase over the years, but we are making progress, a change that I believe is sustainable.

In this new and rapidly evolving culture, we need to represent the values that are true to our character. We must strive to be welcoming fans. We must remember our recent past and be humble. Anybody can have idiotic, loud-mouth fans. Not many programs have a reputation for sportsmanship and class.

Like our program, Denton is on the rise - from growing local businesses, to an ever-evolving world-famous music scene, we have much to offer visitors. Our University is going places - working to cultivate a reputation for research excellence and trying to attracting the brightest students. As die hard fans, we are stewards of Mean Green Nation, we need to welcome anybody and everybody that stops by. If we see things this way we will develop a culture that attracts talent, optimism, and authenticity, traits not easy to come by.

UNT's laid-back charm and small-town quirkiness are what drew me to enroll, but it was only after embracing our independent character and learning to appreciate the diversity of our student body that I became enamored with my alma mater. In the end I wouldn't change anything about the choice I made; we may not have the superstructure of College Station, the well-heeled donors of Highland Park, or the alumni armies of Austin, but we do have a chance to make a choice about what we represent, the chance to resurrect our own traditions, and have fun charting our own future.

Forget about 'them' and remember what UNT means to you. This year our team has worked hard to earn on-field success, so let's show them some love and enjoy what we have; a head coach of rare character, a team with tremendous heart, a shining stadium still in its infancy, and a new sense that the future is brighter than our past.

To our foes I say "Welcome to Apogee Stadium, here's to an entertaining game, to keeping our teams safe, and win or lose, make sure you stop by Beth Maries before you head home."

And to you, my friends and family, let's let our team's preparation and drive speak for itself on the field...

Beautifully written.

There are like two decent Mexican places in Denton. Everywhere else is along the spectrum of Tex-Mex ranging from 'good' to 'Taco Bueno'.

Also, El Fenix is gross incarnate.

// gazes into the oncoming arrows

// like Leonidas. 'Ceptin' prolly with more kewl abs

• Upvote 3

Beautifully written.

There are like two decent Mexican places in Denton. Everywhere else is along the spectrum of Tex-Mex ranging from 'good' to 'Taco Bueno'.

These people don't understand good Tex-Mex. Take pity.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Beautifully written.

I think that's what majority of people want. I personally like Tex-Mex better than what folks would consider Mexican food. Not a fan of lengua and the such.

And I don't mind Taco Bueno if I want a drive-thru taco.

• Upvote 1

Alright... let's just talk about food. Oh wait better yet, how about who has the best weather? Oh wait no... the best hair salons...

Really guys? Really?

Well, we have tried talking to you about football, but you guys haven't been able to grasp that. Maybe you can grasp food talk.

• Upvote 2