Pulling for UTSA to beat Tulane in Alamodome Sat.

Harry

UTSA shouldn't be allowed to wear anything resembling an American flag. Why?

Well, you see, America was built through perseverance, sacrifice, patience, and years and years of hard work by our forefathers.

UTSA was built on a bucket of chicken and a TV market, which apparently equals instant college football acceptance. Hard work? Sacrifice? Patience? Perseverance? Not in their vocabulary.

They should be ashamed to wear anything that represents the United States of America.

This Marine Veteran and Iraq War Veteran says otherwise. Let me know when you put on a uniform, go fight in another country, lose 13 of your close friends and learn the real meaning of fighting for the American flag. Until you do that, you have no right to tell who can and can't wear anything resembling an American flag.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

For rankings purposes & bowl selection, we should only be rooting for Rice to beat Tulane. It boosts NT's SOS.

The best scenario would be for NT & Rice to win out with Tulane only slipping against Rice. It softens the blow on NTs loss to Tulane. Georgia & Ohio need to win out as well.

Any games played within our division will have a minimal effect. UTSA beating Tulane will lower tulanes ranking but raise UTSA. It evens out. If rather Tulane end up on 2 losses sooner rather than later so I'm pulling for UTSA. With the game against them in apogee I'm less concerned.

• Upvote 2

Shame on you sir. San Antonio is a great military city and we are proud of those who have served or those currently serving for our country. Every memeber of the Air Force attends basic training at Lackland AFB. Want to be a pilot? Most likey you will learn to fly at Randolph AFB. Ft. Sam Houston is a historic base that still provides medical training to our service men and woman. Brooks Army Medical Center now called San Antonio Military Medical Center (SAMMC) is a level 1 trauma center and one of the best burn units in the county. Many IED victims end up in SAMMC when they get back state side. Since UTSA is San Antonio's team I think we more than earned the right to wear America's colors on our helmet.

Earned??

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Wait...

hahahahahahahahaha/

Earned is a word not in UTSA's vocabulary.

And if you want San Antonio's team to honor the great military bases and personnel in San Antonio, perhaps you can talk the Longhorns into playing a game in your city.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

Earned??

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Wait...

hahahahahahahahaha/

Earned is a word not in UTSA's vocabulary.

And if you want San Antonio's team to honor the great military bases and personnel in San Antonio, perhaps you can talk the Longhorns into playing a game in your city.

Just to make sure your safe: You did tell your friends to put you in a hopefully green) straightjacket and watch you closesly during the UTSA game.? You know just in case UTSA would score on their first drive or something.

If not please do so now, somebody jumping off the wing zone would make for awful publicity.

• Upvote 1

Just to make sure your safe: You did tell your friends to put you in a hopefully green) straightjacket and watch you closesly during the UTSA game.? You know just in case UTSA would score on their first drive or something.

If not please do so now, somebody jumping off the wing zone would make for awful publicity.

Na. Not worry about Roadkill. They will quit in the second half and we will beat them by...

30?

This Marine Veteran and Iraq War Veteran says otherwise. Let me know when you put on a uniform, go fight in another country, lose 13 of your close friends and learn the real meaning of fighting for the American flag. Until you do that, you have no right to tell who can and can't wear anything resembling an American flag.

Thank you for your service.

Know that 90 is as patriotic a dude as you'll meet. He's just yanking y'all's chain and doing a pretty good job of it I might add.

Rick

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Loses by Tulane makes life better for NT. As a side bonus, the American Conference will be adding two teams that lost to what is effectively an expansion team. That will lower the initial strength of schedule for the entire conference.

I was not happy about UTSA moving up instantly as it diluted the FBS brand. But that discussion is over, they have moved up. And if they win, then they are not diluting the brand.

Getting help in to win a conference makes for very strange bedfellows. Alabama sometimes wants Auburn to beat LSU. Texas is thrilled OU won over Tech. And NT would be better served by a UTSA win over Tulane.

• Upvote 3

Thank you for your service.

Know that 90 is as patriotic a dude as you'll meet. He's just yanking y'all's chain and doing a pretty good job of it I might add.

Rick

That guy probably doesn't even know that we have a former serviceman actually PLAYING DE for UNT.

So he needs to ease up on the "we got ''Merica in our side" crap.

UNT is an original colony to UTSA's Hawaii.

Suck it, UTSA.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Keep in mind that UTSA has yet to beat a team with a winning record. Tulane might be their first (and hopefully only) win this season against a team that will play in post season.

Marshall held their offense to 10 points. Marshall.

Marshall's defense is terrible.

They may score -7 against UNT's defense.

• Upvote 1

There is one more important reason we want UTSA to win over Tulane: Money

There is a two week build up for this game (both teams have a by after this week). If UTSA wins they still have an outside shot at winning C-USA west. You can bet their fans are gonna be jacked up for the game in Denton if they win, and there will be quite a bit more of them up in Denton putting money for tickets into the athletic departments coffers. If they loose on the other hand, there will be a lot less of them.

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 2

There is a two week build up for this game (both teams have a by after this week). If UTSA wins they still have an outside shot at winning C-USA west. You can bet their fans are gonna be jacked up for the game in Denton if they win, and there will be quite a bit more of them up in Denton putting money for tickets into the athletic departments coffers. If they loose on the other hand, there will be a lot less of them.

Sorry, but the family value meal vouchers don't work at Apogee.

I'll be very surprised if they bring much more than Rice brought. I have no doubt in my mind that UTEP is going to bring more than UTSA... regardless of their record.

• Upvote 1

We all know UNT90 well and find his dilusionary comments entertaining. All in good fun and every fanbase has someone similar

By the way, we no longer do the KFC deal anymore. Its now Sonic and the "Rowdy Burger" I bought one and got 4 free tickets, a UTSA koozie, his and hers tshirts, 2 vouchers for free drinks at the AlamoDome and a Coach Coker Fathead for my wall.

Now THATS' funny!!!

• Upvote 2

There are less tickets available right now for UTSA than there are the UTEP homecoming game. They are bringing people to that game.

Lets hope that tickets sold equals UTSA fans attending the game. Right now UTSA gives tickets away like candy to anyone with a pulse.

• Upvote 1

Lets hope that tickets sold equals UTSA fans attending the game. Right now UTSA gives tickets away like candy to anyone with a pulse.

They can't give away tickets to Apogee. Someone has to buy them.

I don't know why everyone is doubting UTSA's ability to bring people, their fans are pumped.

Sure, losing for any real period of time will slough most of those casuals off, but they are going to travel to Denton.

• Upvote 2

Roadrunner fans think we hate them. I've always said they were confusing a lack of respect with hatred. What was to respect? They are the beneficiaries of a lot of built in advantages for a start up program.

Talent? - Located in a recruiting hotbed state, Lots of kids get overlooked and others want to transfer

Stadium?- don't need to build one, We got the Alamodome sitting empty most weekends of the year.

Conference?- No need to toil away in Div II, FCS, Sunbelt- Conference realingment is here and CUSA needs a warm body to fill an empty post.

Fans? Market?- Only top 10 city in America without professional football or a FBS college football team.

UTSA has been the ultimate Right Place @ Right Time. Anything they had wasn't earned or built. They had it handed to them.

BUT that has changed. UTSA has taken their built in advantages and expanded on them. They have built a decent football program in a short period of time. A lot of teams have potential. UTSA is actually captializing on theirs.

I for one am happy they are a conference mate. They've earned respect.

• Upvote 3

There are less tickets available right now for UTSA than there are the UTEP homecoming game. They are bringing people to that game.

If you go to their message board you will be greeted with a banner ad:

"Hey Unregistered, are you planning on going to the UTSA football game vs. North Texas on November 23rd in Denton? See the below link for our ticket group buy and hotel information. There will be a large contingent of UTSA fans staying at the hotel and hosting an after party. If you already have tickets or aren't going you can make this notice disappear by clicking the 'X' in the upper right hand corner of this notice box. We hope to see you there!

Click here for Ticket/Hotel Info "

• Upvote 2

For rankings purposes & bowl selection, we should only be rooting for Rice to beat Tulane. It boosts NT's SOS.

The best scenario would be for NT & Rice to win out with Tulane only slipping against Rice. It softens the blow on NTs loss to Tulane. Georgia & Ohio need to win out as well.

Does it not follow logically that our SOS would be enhanced by beating teams who are also winning??

Sorry, but the family value meal vouchers don't work at Apogee.

I'll be very surprised if they bring much more than Rice brought. I have no doubt in my mind that UTEP is going to bring more than UTSA... regardless of their record.

As of last week they had bought four times as many tickets as Rice had.

While I think UTEP will bring in a crowd, if UTSA beats Tulane and is 5-5 next week, they will bring more.

You should visit their board some time in a non-trolling manner; on the top of every page, they have a banner advertising their own package deals they're buying into for this game. I looked into it and gave some further advice to them on certain Denton-things, but you should all note that folks on their end are adding to that buy in with multiples every day.

• Upvote 2

You should visit their board some time in a non-trolling manner; on the top of every page, they have a banner advertising their own package deals they're buying into for this game. I looked into it and gave some further advice to them on certain Denton-things, but you should all note that folks on their end are adding to that buy in with multiples every day.

No thanks.

• Upvote 1