Dejavu

emmitt01

For the first time since 2001 I go into a North Texas game excited to watch the defense. They are the show. When we went up 28-16 I said to myself "lights out. The bar is closed". They hit like Rice stole their Halloween candy. Kenny Buyers (FRESHMAN) absolutely blows up screen passes...how many open field tackled did he make, seemed like 10. EIGHT plays inside our ten and they were stone walled.

The Green Curtain is back!

• Upvote 2

Two things I've noticed this season:

1) I'm never stressed at games anymore. Doesn't matter what the score is. I just have this feeling like, "Meh. We got this."

2) Our defense not only hits like a Mack truck without brakes but also runs like the wind. I kept wondering why they're giving ten yards on the outside receivers until I saw them zero in on receivers in no time flat over and over again. Did I mention our defense is fast?

• Upvote 3

Doesn't this just confirm how important having a head coach that can "coach up" recruits to perform better than any star rating suggested? Patterson at TCU and Briles, especially when he was at UH, just turned lumps of coal into diamonds. I'm not saying McCarney belongs in their same category, but he is doing what his reputation said he would do--clean up the program, get the kids to take classes seriously, get stronger and faster through a legitimate S&C program that is in sync with a legitimate FBS coach, and getting the fans more involved.

I think we will win out here in the regular season, or at the bare minimum, win the remaining two home games.

The folks in Dallas with the Heart of Dallas Bowl have to be drooling at the thought of having us fall into their laps for that game, especially against a team like Iowa that brings a lot of people, too, when they travel. That game could have a very large turnout, bigger than anything they have had for that bowl game in Dallas on New Years Day since the Cotton bowl moved to Jerry World.

Edited by untjim1995
  • Upvote 2

Doesn't this just confirm how important having a head coach that can "coach up" recruits to perform better than any star rating suggested? Patterson at TCU and Briles, especially when he was at UH, just turned lumps of coal into diamonds. I'm not saying McCarney belongs in their same category, but he is doing what his reputation said he would do--clean up the program, get the kids to take classes seriously, get stronger and faster through a legitimate S&C program that is in sync with a legitimate FBS coach, and getting the fans more involved.

I think we will win out here in the regular season, or at the bare minimum, win the remaining two home games.

The folks in Dallas with the Heart of Dallas Bowl have to be drooling at the thought of having us fall into their laps for that game, especially against a team like Iowa that brings a lot of people, too, when they travel. That game could have a very large turnout, bigger than anything they have had for that bowl game in Dallas on New Years Day since the Cotton bowl moved to Jerry World.

**Wildly premature speculation alert!!!**

Do you think if this were to come to fruition and we beat them, would they want to buy out of one (if not both) of their purchased games with us?

• Upvote 1

Two things I've noticed this season:

1) I'm never stressed at games anymore. Doesn't matter what the score is. I just have this feeling like, "Meh. We got this."

2) Our defense not only hits like a Mack truck without brakes but also runs like the wind. I kept wondering why they're giving ten yards on the outside receivers until I saw them zero in on receivers in no time flat over and over again. Did I mention our defense is fast?

Tony! Shouldn't that read as a Peterbilt truck made across the street, okay highway, from Apogee?

• Upvote 2

Yep... Still did a great job! If he would have missed some of those open field tackles on those bubble screen and quick passes they could have got some big yards. He did his job and did it well last night. Now he needs to do it to UTEP! HOMECOMING MOFOS!

Haven't you heard? We do pretty well in homecoming games this season.

2) Our defense not only hits like a Mack truck...

Tony! Shouldn't that read as a Peterbilt truck made across the street, okay highway, from Apogee?

No, Mac(k) truck is correct. Until Peterbilt becomes a sponsor...