#hit30k

meangreener

So my season tickets are in section 104 and I had a friend who wanted to join my group for Saturday. I had already given my extra tickets to friends, so I called to just purchase one in our section. I literally bought the LAST TICKET in section 104!!! Can't wait to see the turn out if this is any indication of the attendance!

By going to the ticketmaster website and zooming in on the seating map that allows you to pick your seats you can see which seats are still available. I didn't count each individual seat but by doing some rough estimates it appears - NOT COUNTING WINGZONE - we only have around 3,700 - 3,900 tickets still available. Not sure how many the wingzone holds as it is general admission.

So my season tickets are in section 104 and I had a friend who wanted to join my group for Saturday. I had already given my extra tickets to friends, so I called to just purchase one in our section. I literally bought the LAST TICKET in section 104!!! Can't wait to see the turn out if this is any indication of the attendance!

I called after you did and got 4 extrasin 104...

My seats are in 103 and they're sold out, so I had to settle for 104.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I called after you did and got 4 extrasin 104...

My seats are in 103 and they're sold out, so I had to settle for 104.

Whaaaaat? They lied! I wonder if they gave me the wrong section. Though they couldn't find me as a season ticket holder to begin with so I'm not super confident.

By going to the ticketmaster website and zooming in on the seating map that allows you to pick your seats you can see which seats are still available. I didn't count each individual seat but by doing some rough estimates it appears - NOT COUNTING WINGZONE - we only have around 3,700 - 3,900 tickets still available. Not sure how many the wingzone holds as it is general admission.

Listen to this guy. He sounds really smart.

Typically you will not be able to find allotments of the MGC requirement section seats, visitor allotment seats and student section seats on Ticketmaster. So, using ticketmaster as a guide to which sections are sold out, or how many more remaining is kind of a crap shoot in my opinion.

• Upvote 2

I think there will be a huge walk up. I think a lot of people don't spend the 5 minutes it takes to order online if they know they can just buy them when they walk up to the stadium. Also, I wonder how many livingsocial deals have sold and if those are counted in the number left.

Agreed. Once we start packing the thing up and people realize that they have to get tickets in advance then we might be able to gauge by presales. As long as people know they can get a walk-up ticket the day of, I don't think they have any reason to preorder.

• Upvote 1

We will have 24-26k.

The ticket office will tell you sales are great and you got the last seat here or there when it isn't necessarily the case. Why? They hope this will give the impression tickets are going like hotcakes and you will tell your friends that they better get them now or they will miss out, hoping to drive advanced sales.

And that's ok.

Don't believe anything you here about tickets being sold out here or there unless you actually call the ticket office and here it as you try to buy a seat in that particular section.

• Upvote 2

We will have 24-26k.

The ticket office will tell you sales are great and you got the last seat here or there when it isn't necessarily the case. Why? They hope this will give the impression tickets are going like hotcakes and you will tell your friends that they better get them now or they will miss out, hoping to drive advanced sales.

And that's ok.

Don't believe anything you here about tickets being sold out here or there unless you actually call the ticket office and here it as you try to buy a seat in that particular section.

So the ticket office lies, but we should believe them?

Typically you will not be able to find allotments of the MGC requirement section seats, visitor allotment seats and student section seats on Ticketmaster. So, using ticketmaster as a guide to which sections are sold out, or how many more remaining is kind of a crap shoot in my opinion.

Yeah, it doesn't take into account the big gaping hole we have in the middle sections. I always look to the available seats in the lower end zone sections as a general guide as to how the overall sales look. It looks a little bit better in where we are in available seats there for UTEP than we were with Rice two days out from that game. Based on that, already over 100 on Living Social deal, and walk-ups on homecoming, I expect a number higher than Rice for UTEP by at least a few thousand.

So the ticket office lies, but we should believe them?

Before you buy tickets=believable

After your ticket is secured= attempt to create the appearance of greater demand.

For instance, someone posted that they were told their were only 12 seats left in the visitor allotment for the La. Tech game AFTER they bought their seats. Seeing this, I immediately called to get my tickets. I was told there was 14 tickets left for the visitor allotment.

It may not be intentional, but I would trust anything other than a ticket office employ refusing to take your money whenever any claims are made that this section or that section is sold out. Throw in that often times the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing, and you should just call and offer your money to makes sure.

Yes, I have trust issues.