#hit30k

meangreener

Or by telling everyone ticket demand is rivaling the Houston game?

Question. No info.

There are several sections that have 20 or fewer seats left. I don't think we'll have a sellout but I foresee attendance easily being north of 25k.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/university-of-north-texas-mean-green-denton-texas-11-09-2013/event/0C004AFFC36CE599?artistid=821797&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=8&tm_link=artist_msg-0_0C004AFFC36CE599

#MeanGreen ticket office closing in on best pre-sale ticket numbers ever at Apogee. With a big walk-up crowd tomorrow we could #Hit30k.

— Eric Capper (@Eric_Capper)

November 8, 2013

Or the AD could be overstating this success in order to create a false sense of urgency for tickets. Take your pick.

• Upvote 1

Confirmed today that the club level is completely sold out.

Also told today that presales for this game had matched and headed for surpassing the opener vs UH.

I went by the ticket office this afternoon around 4:00 to pick up some extras I bought and they looked FRAZZLED. People just kept coming in after me.

• Upvote 2

Confirmed today that the club level is completely sold out.

Also told today that presales for this game had matched and headed for surpassing the opener vs UH.

I went by the ticket office this afternoon around 4:00 to pick up some extras I bought and they looked FRAZZLED. People just kept coming in after me.

Oh, they were totally lost. I've heard they surpassed sales of the Houston.

I get that meangreener has been beating the drum on attendance, but when you look at it, the team has been doing most of the work and he has just been in the right place at the right time and going along for the ride. If we are going to continue to keep attendance up we are going to need to step up our game in terms of promotions and generating interest.

We have several interns in the promotions department that I think we should look at to take over the lead on driving attendance and continue the campus communication/posters, etc...

One of the AD interns that I met, I think her name was Elle, seemed like she had a lot of potential even though she has never been in charge of leading a college promotions team. I think Ms. Phante would be a great resource to lean on and could push our attendance over the hump.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 6

I get that meangreener has been beating the drum on attendance, but when you look at it, the team has been doing most of the work and he has just been in the right place at the right time and going along for the ride.

'I need a second to let the classiness waft over me.'

Promotions is not about one thing. It's about: the team winning, what meangreener is doing, Beyond the Green, McCarney interviews, Zach Orr and Derek Thompson interviews, homecoming being on WFAA in the morning, highlights on Fox Sports Live/Sportscenter/NBC/CBS, Jub talking the team up, being on Fox Sports, Twitter, Facebook, everyone going around at the beginning of the season with posters, this website, football camps, YouTube videos, etc etc etc.

Hell, even people wearing green around DFW is a huge promotion. This thing is catching fire because a lot of things are happening at the same time. A bunch of people tailgating at basketball games, turned into a few crazy people at the Super Pit, turned into the Pit Crew, turned into more people coming to games because they loved watching the PC in addition to the team. Any student, any alum, any fan showing support and going the extra mile will always be appreciated by me.

Edited by ColoradoEagle
  • Upvote 6

'I need a second to let the classiness waft over me.'

Promotions is not about one thing. It's about: the team winning, what meangreener is doing, Beyond the Green, McCarney interviews, Zach Orr and Derek Thompson interviews, homecoming being on WFAA in the morning, highlights on Fox Sports Live/Sportscenter/NBC/CBS, Jub talking the team up, being on Fox Sports, Twitter, Facebook, everyone going around at the beginning of the season with posters, this website, football camps, YouTube videos, etc etc etc.

Hell, even people wearing green around DFW is a huge promotion. This thing is catching fire because a lot of things are happening at the same time. A bunch of people tailgating at basketball games, turned into a few crazy people at the Super Pit, turned into the Pit Crew. Any student, any alum, any fan showing support and going the extra mile will always be appreciated by me.

Thank you. What a great post. It's the combination. Greenit missed the point.

• Upvote 1

So let me get this straight, meangreener feels like he has played a role in helping our attendance get to a point that it has not been to in years and he does not feel like it is fair for someone to single him out and suggest that an unknown, Ms. Elle Phant, could do a better job when the competition gets a little tougher?

Interesting.

I assure you. One thing I did not miss was the point. Feels a little, different?

Edited by greenit
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 8

So let me get this straight, meangreener feels like he has played a role in helping our attendance get to a point that it has not been to in years and he does not feel like it is fair for someone to single him out and suggest that an unknown, Ms. Elle Phant, could do a better job when the competition gets a little tougher?

Interesting.

I assure you. One thing I did not miss was the point.

You are the reason that people get discouraged at UNT. Luckily people like you are not relevant anymore. Luckily I've been told to not let the downers get to me. I'm done arguing this. Go Mean Green. Edited by meangreener
  • Upvote 6