#hit30k

meangreener

Yeah, Derek probably feels the same way.

Just having fun with you. I tried. You know. Life lessons. Blah, blah, blah. Any chance you see even the slightest correlation your elephant in the room post where you tear down our starting QB and question his contributions to the team? When I turned it around and posed the same premise back to you, you go ballistic. Interesting... Point made.

Oh well. It appears the point has been completely missed. Sigh. Go MF'in Green. #hit30k! I will be there +3.

Edited by greenit
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Hey meangreener, I saw the WFAA Channel 8 piece on UNT's Homecoming. There was a student on their that used your rallying cry of "Hit 30k". That was awesome. Your efforts have definitely had an impact. Way to take the initiative.

I couldn't believe he said that! Was so awesome! Thanks. Can't believe this caught on.

Edited by meangreener
  • Upvote 3

Wow.

I'm gonna take the high road here.

Considering I've worked my ass off for this, I'm a little offended though. Are you the Free Food @ UNT guy? Complained that I "stole" his idea? Would you like it if I came to your job or hobby and said you sucked at it?

Keep it to yourself.

I don't think you understand what my campaign is about. Considering the AD supports me, I could care less what you think.

So...

This is the high road?

A little advice. When you have done a good job, let others sing your praises.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

So back to attendance...any updates on how sales ended today? I agree there will be more walk up than usual, even for homecoming. They should take 500 wing zone tickets and hand them out on the square.

I like that idea, throw out tickets with the candy from the Homecoming parade floats.

• Upvote 2

our boys are worth more than the price of admission. Anyone buying a ticket is getting a steal as-is already. no free tickets

Agreed, but if the seats are available why not. Just for this game, just to try to boost attendance as high as it can. Expose some people to a highly attended game. Get some Dentonites and alums in there for homecoming that may not have attended otherwise. Isn't a better time to do it.

I'm not sure how it is now but my buddy who is an alum there said that as of a couple of years the students at TT could get into the game for free with a student ID.

Through the mid 2000s that's how we did it. They had hand-held ID scanners at the gates. The problem was that they went down so often, they'd end up just having you flash your ID without knowing if you were a current student or not. Probably part of the reason they went to the physical tickets.

Considering I've worked my ass off for this, I'm a little offended though.

I agree with the later posts, I think it's the combination of hard work and good timing. If you tried this during the Dodge years (could Fouts even hold 30K?) you would have been sorely disappointed. But with this year being huge, it's a good time to strike and go for it. If 30K people show up to one game, we could see that pay off in residuals for years to come with our average attendance continuing to grow. Good that everybody is joining their efforts together AND that the AD is behind you on this as well. I think it's a good thing you're doing here. Don't let the bastards grind you down.

• Upvote 2

If every student on campus were half as charged as mean greener is, we wouldn't have to worry about attendance.

Hell yes. But also we can appreciate the progress. 15 years ago, I know attendance wasn't as bad as it seems in my head, but it really felt like there were only a few dozen students at most games, and maybe a couple dozen at basketball games. Though I do think there were some women's games where there were literally about 5 of us, and that was during the Jalie Mitchell/Rosalyn Reades/Empress Drane/Shannon Stephenson period.

Like I've said before, every generation of mean green fans needs a UNTflyer. This generation's is meangreener. Bravo sir. I didn't really understand why on the earlier thread I said "good job" you thought I was joking or not serious. I have no ill will towards you sir and wish you the best of luck.

• Upvote 3

Like I've said before, every generation of mean green fans needs a UNTflyer. This generation's is meangreener. Bravo sir. I didn't really understand why on the earlier thread I said "good job" you thought I was joking or not serious. I have no ill will towards you sir and wish you the best of luck.

Honestly, thanks. Sorry if I didn't take you serious/come off like an asshole. Trust me, I'm far nicer in person. Seriously though, thanks for the compliments. Let's go Mean Green!