I Propose A New Forum

Limited to those with fancy hats that are able to go to many of the away games thus elevating the importance of their opinions above those that are unable to do the same because of various reasons including, but not limited to:

Health

Family commitments

Professions

Financial reasons

Distance

Etc...

Those unable to live up to the lofty expectations of those mentioned in paragraph one and who instead watch the game on television, listen on the radio, or follow through an internet feed shall be relegated to second class Mean Green fan status and shall be limited to one opinion per game and who's opinion shall be deemed worthy by the sainted, first class fans.

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 12

Limited to those with fancy hats that are able to go to many of the away games thus elevating the importance of their opinions above those that are unable to do the same because of various reasons including, but not limited to:

Health

Family commitments

Professions

Financial reasons

Distance

Etc...

Those unable to live up to the lofty expectations of those mentioned in paragraph one and who instead watch the game on television, listen on the radio, or follow through an internet feed shall be relegated to second class Mean Green fan status and shall be limited to one opinion per game and who's opinion shall be deemed worthy by the sainted, first class fans.

My respect for you just went below zero. Have a nice day.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

Health

Family commitments

Professions

Financial reasons

Distance

Etc...

I hope this is a joke. If not then go start your own forum. Maybe you can call it "Classless Fans Only" or "Epic Doosh Central".

• Upvote 3

Health

Family commitments

Professions

Financial reasons

Distance

Etc...

I suppose you lost me on the hats part, but I whole-heartedly agree, UNTLifer, and know exactly where you're coming from.

Thru the decades, we've most always had our UNT social climber types among us who want all to know of their (usually) self proclaimed high importance as to all but be the very reason their existence and association with U of North Texas is what keeps our alma mater's very infra-structure in place. We've seen them come...we've seen them go thru the decades at North Texas. A splash here, a splash there and wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-------G-O-N-E!

And never, ever post about the passing of an owner of a pro football team who once owned an AFL/NFL franchise located on the Texas Gulf Coast (a part of Texas where many of us on this board were reared and still have interest with news from down south) lest you be targeted with condescending, sarcastic remarks coupled with back-handed sardonic humor from some of that most special, elite crowd. Not sure what some of their actual goals and objectives in doing such are, quite frankly.

Still (and always) we will all sing Glory To The Green when the Green Brigade strikes up the song & that's a good thing.

Nevertheless and....with that out of the way.....this:

BEAT THE HELL OUT OF THE USM GOLDEN EAGLES ! ! !

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

Find the closed thread to discover one fan, who I considered a pretty good person, talking down to a long time, season ticket holding, President's Council donation level, lifetime fan who spends hours researching our recruiting efforts all because he has health issues that prevent him from travelling. That is bush league in my book. Call me what you want, but that is about as classless as it gets.

Glad to hear the clarification.

Find the closed thread to discover one fan, who I considered a pretty good person, talking down to a long time, season ticket holding, President's Council donation level, lifetime fan who spends hours researching our recruiting efforts all because he has health issues that prevent him from travelling. That is bush league in my book. Call me what you want, but that is about as classless as it gets.

But that person constantly throwing personal insults my way is just fine, right?

We all should be civil, whether we are 75 and in poor health or a strapping young lad at 20, or anywhere in between. Whether we give a gazillion billion dollars to the AD or don't give one red cent.

Don't lob grenades, and you shouldn't get any thrown at you(of course, unless you don't agree with some of the super positive people on this board, then it happens quite frequently, at least to me).

Coom by ya, Mo Fo!

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 7

But that person constantly throwing personal insults my way is just fine, right?

We all should be civil, whether we are 75 and in poor health or a strapping young lad at 20, or anywhere in between. Whether we give a gazillion billion dollars to the AD or don't give one red cent.

Don't lob grenades, and you shouldn't get any thrown at you(of course, unless you don't agree with some of the super positive people on this board, then it happens quite frequently, at least to me).

Coom by ya, Mo Fo!

I have no problem "lobbing grenades" but I call BS when a poster states one's opinion carries more weight because they travelled 4 hours to watch the game live as opposed to watching at home for health issues.

• Upvote 2

Good Lord.

Some of you are a bigger woman than I am.

Man up.

Its a message board.

I have such a good response to this, but after five years on this board, I'm still unsure as to how vulgar I can get. In family friendly lexicon, yes, there are some large women around here.

Perhaps Mark Mangino could offer some hints as to how I would like to respond.

Edited by oldguystudent