The Hit.

andrewrozell

Looks worse on replay. Didn't know that was possible.

I thought that initially too, but you gotta love the AD for already throwing this online - supreme confidence in the call, play, and result.

It looked more like the Back Judge and Umpire (the closest ones) were telling the Field Judge (who threw the flag from a long way) that he would be picking it up.

Did anyone else notice the Head Ref like riding the Line and Field Judges all night?? Like really up in their faces yelling at them.

It was.... interesting.

EDIT: I love how you've made a gif of it and it's already riding your signature, Rozell.

Edited by Christopher Walker

The Church Lady (from older Saturday Night Live shows) was also in attendance at Apogee Stadium last night--didn't you see her, too? She was with one of several church groups in attendance & recognized on the JumboTron :thumbsu: (way to go, UNT athletic promotions; anyway, our latest celebrity new Mean Green fan was even over-heard saying:

"Could it be that, uh, well, errr' (SATAN!) :crazysmile::growl: made him hit that young man?"

Great "legal" hit, Sed! You are are now officially................ MEAN GREEN!

Would the group of CUSA refs at our Tulane game have over-turned it and w/o that caused Sed to miss the first half of next weeks game? :growl: (I'm sorry, I am still pissed with CUSA officiating and fully understand why Coach Mac has contacted the CUSA offices with with video showing his own concerns). If one or more of their calls the next few weeks cost us a bowl game, then will more of you be pissed, too)?

Addendum: None of our fans want any of our opponents players to get hurt in any of our games, but we don't want to hear that our team is called a dirty football team based on hard hitting, too.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1