Go Ahead and go back to NTSU

JRock

On college game day they just called us North Texas State U. Damn...just go ahead and go back to NTSU. At least people would be accurate. This kind of stuff drives me nuts.

Folks...stop obsessing over this...we know and the folks who count know. We were NTSU for a long time and while we had a bit of football success, so just roll with it. Nothing we can do except win a few games on TV and continue to get the word out. These TV guys are lazy and it shows. Send the college game day folks a note and let them know folks see how lazy they are...other than that not much we can do except to ignore this crap, support the program and laugh at these folks. Drives us all crazy, but it's better than not being mentioned at all!

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

Over and over and over again I've said this: When you we go by North Texas, we are letting folks get 2/3s of the way to North Texas State.

There is a big UNT sign RIGHT NEXT TO APOGEE STADIUM! Call the football team UNT! Put UNT on the helmet. Put it on the jersey. Market it. Market it. Market it.

This is the stupidest thing we do

I am not going to go back - for a third time - and make a list of all of the schools who use letters on their helmets. Just suffice it to say that it's well over half. And, a lot more use a mascot logo on the helmets.

We do neither. Our brand sucks because just saying the "North Texas" is bush league. It's I-AA/FCS stuff.

Why did we change from NTSU to UNT anyway? We are in the fourth decade of UNT. USE UNT!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Over and over and over again I've said this: When you we go by North Texas, we are letting folks get 2/3s of the way to North Texas State.

There is a big UNT sign RIGHT NEXT TO APOGEE STADIUM! Call the football team UNT! Put UNT on the helmet. Put it on the jersey. Market it. Market it. Market it.

I am not going to go back - for a third time - and make a list of all of the schools who use letters on their helmets. Just suffice it to say that it's well over half. And, a lot more use a mascot logo on the helmets.

We do neither. Our brand sucks because just saying the "North Texas" is bush league. It's I-AA/FCS stuff.

Why did we change from NTSU to UNT anyway? We are in the fourth decade of UNT. USE UNT!

Couldn't agree more, but RV is never changing from what we got.

• Upvote 1

That's always been my thought as well. As in TCU, USC, etc.

• Upvote 1

I too am growing tired of the avoidance of UNT. The athletic department wants to separate themselves from the rest of the university. That is why they go with the North Texas thing. This will not change until we get a new AD. I look forward to our branding the next go 'round because our marketing geniuses don't seem to see the error. RV will not do anything to change it. I grow tired of seeing "North Texas' everywhere including the helmets. I want to see UNT and I want to see a better something for our brand. But, it isn't going to happen because our AD is convinced that it isn't a good thing to do.

• Upvote 2

Saw the screw up. Wrote ESPN. Got a nice "Thanks we'll fix it next time." If just one person does it they won't care. If many people do it they will care. Announcers dont want to be wrong. Be polite but direct.

Oh yeah. We could continually win and the problem will fix itself.

Bring a sign to the next game ala the NMSU game "Call us North Texas State again and I'm coming to the booth." Best sign ever.

• Upvote 1

They only people that care are us. Stop.

NO, NO, NO!!! Just rolling over and stopping is the loser mentality that has plagued us for decades. You yell, scream, kick, and bite until the brass realizes we aren't loser push overs and starts to listen. Damn it, this loser mentality has to stop and it's only going to stop when it's own alum quit advocating it.

Saw the screw up. Wrote ESPN. Got a nice "Thanks we'll fix it next time." If just one person does it they won't care. If many people do it they will care. Announcers dont want to be wrong. Be polite but direct.

Oh yeah. We could continually win and the problem will fix itself.

Bring a sign to the next game ala the NMSU game "Call us North Texas State again and I'm coming to the booth." Best sign ever.

I simply delivered it, to the game... so I gotta give the credit where it's due.. That sign was the idea of the great SUMG.

Rick

• Upvote 2