This UNT Team Can Get to Six

shaft

We're four wins away from going bowling.

1. Idaho

2. Ball State

3. Tulane

4. MTSU or LA Tech

5. S. Miss or UTEP

6. UTSA

Then my bet is the Heart of Dallas Bowl.

I think that's very realistic and my hope. Still a lot of work to do but boy this win and Ohio beating a solid Marshall team is reason for hope!

Get out of that Georgia game as injury free as possible heading into the bye week, then we're looking at 8 games in which we should have a chance in all 8.

4 home games and 3 road games against a few of the easiest teams in our conference as of right now (La tech, Tulane, Southern miss) and a game against Tulsa which looks less daunting by the week. Continue to take care of business at home and let's see if we can steal some on the road!

I'm concerned that so many think that Rice losing to aTm and squeaking by Kansas makes them look not-so-hot. Though it's still early in the season, aside from Georgia, they look to be our toughest remaining opponent.

• Upvote 1

My hope is that (at a minimum) we beat MTSU, UTSA, and UTEP at home and then one of Tulane, USM and La Tech on the road to get to six. Anything above that would be fantastic, but getting to that Heart of Dallas bowl would be absolutely massive for the program and it will probably only take 6 wins to get there. After yesterday my optimism is starting to come back a bit. The team has fight and the halftime adjustments were spot on.

I'm definitely amending my original prediction of 5-7. This team will go 7-5 as long as Lil' Mac never plays significant time at QB due to a DT injury. Dallas Bowl would be freakin' sweet!! My buddies who are Baylor, OU, & UT alums would definitely all go, too!

My shorts are going crazy thinking about bowl possibilities !

Edited by Got5onIt

Why is anyone hoping for six wins after this start? NT should win every home game and now should be favored to win at Tulane, USM and La Tech. No I would not predict 9-3 at this point,but neither would I be happy with 6-6 with this schedule after this start.

Let's not get greedy and demanding.

Just like we said last week, we're not going to lose every close game. This week we'll remind everyone, we're not going to win every close game.